Headlight adjustment??

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Just got the car back from having the belts done, but noticed the headlights are fully down, only just over the steering wheel! Couldnt see bugger all :worried:

It was fine before, only noticed half way home threw the dark back roads. There seems to be no adjuster?

Any help would be great!

Could be xenon sensor but I don't know why they pointing down, they should be auto adjuster. Open the bonnet, there little hole on top the headlight to adjuster, you can't miss it.

Ok, what do i do with it!? Lol

They were slowly dropping down (adjuster) last night after start up

Aside from that it went like a rocket home, kept up with the vee no probs :smile:

Do a search on here Dawn. There's been a few posts about it in the past. Can't remember exactly what it was. I think they're based on a sensor on your rear suspension, maybe the garage knocked it loose?

There is also a manual adjuster on the lights, but your better off figuring out why they've dropped fist before changing that.

iirc theres 2 sensors....one on the front suspension (passenger side) and one on the rear...

theres a hole in the top of each headlight, with a white plastic alan screw in it, use a alan key to adjust the level up and down.

I'd start by troubleshooting the sensors first (since its a sudden drop on both lights), and if that's where 519 says they are that's where I'd look :smile:

It's because it's probably been on a ramp and it bugers up the sensor levelling system. Mine always went funny in the winter but I just replaced the rear sensor and its fine now. Yours probably just needs unplugging for a few mins.

The rear one is on the near side just in front of the rear wheel, very easy to unplug just jack it up.

The front is a little harder, look down to the left of the airbox in the engine iirc and you'll see it, there a small white module.

If that doesn't work I had to fork out £100 on one!!

Dawn, had a think since you called. Never had it happen before, but the battery was obviously disconnected and reconnected, and the wheels were off the ground at the time. Might be worth a battery disconnect/reconnect with it flat on the floor. It should make no difference as they should re-zero when you first turn the lights on, but there may be a small glitch in the matrix so to speak.

Dawn, had a think since you called. Never had it happen before, but the battery was obviously disconnected and reconnected, and the wheels were off the ground at the time. Might be worth a battery disconnect/reconnect with it flat on the floor. It should make no difference as they should re-zero when you first turn the lights on, but there may be a small glitch in the matrix so to speak.

good call