Hazards flashing in pattern - alarm problems?

Brunoandrade98

Paid Member
Hi all,

I have an issue with my 197.

I have the key-less entry system on this car, and when I stop the car, and then the engine, without locking the car via the keycard, the hazards will flash in a pattern. They will flash three times, stop, and repeat continuously. This is with the car unlocked!

The previous owner said this was an issue with the car, where it would make the hazards flash, and the alarm siren go, and that the local dealer had looked at it, and disabled the alarm. He said it never happened ever since.

As I’m now experiencing this issue, I had a crack at it, and found that the alarm was indeed disconnected (see picture ). I tried reconnecting it, to see if it would make a difference, which it didn’t.

F135E2F9-81B5-4231-AF1D-92EAD683464C.jpeg

I’ve already did troubleshooting on the bonnet switch, and it is not that.

I have also disassembled the scuttle panel, and made sure the drains were not blocked, as per a post I’ve come across, from a Google Search.

Often when the hazards are flashing in a pattern, I try to make them go off by unlocking the car, getting inside, and starting the engine. When I do so, the hazards are often on, in their normal pattern, and, in my experience, pressing the hazard switch may or may not make them go off. Even with the engine on.

I’m starting to get desperate, as I have ran out of ideas

Hi

I had a similarish problem on my rs200. I tried to change the switch, which did nothing. Then sent to ECU (under the dash that controls all this stuff) thing off to BBA Reman (I think that’s the name) and they fixed it and the problem was sorted.
There are lots of other posts about this.
Good luck!
David

Hi

I had a similarish problem on my rs200. I tried to change the switch, which did nothing. Then sent to ECU (under the dash that controls all this stuff) thing off to BBA Reman (I think that’s the name) and they fixed it and the problem was sorted.
There are lots of other posts about this.
Good luck!
David
I’m not an expert by any means, but isn’t the ECU the unit that controls the Engine?

Are you, by any chance talking about the BCM, which is behind the glovebox?

I have come across posts that mention the BCM too. I haven’t looked on mine, yet.

Hi

yep, that’s it the BCM. Sorry, I was being lazy and not trying to remember what it’s called. It is basically the box of tricks that controls all of the cars dash, electrics and stuff, but not the engine ECU.

I think BBA Reman only charged about £40 so it was a cheap fix.

My hazards basically were on all the time as soon as the ignition was turned on. It was a track / race car so we just took all the bulbs out, but had to fix it properly before I sold it on.

cheers

David

Hi

yep, that’s it the BCM. Sorry, I was being lazy and not trying to remember what it’s called. It is basically the box of tricks that controls all of the cars dash, electrics and stuff, but not the engine ECU.

I think BBA Reman only charged about £40 so it was a cheap fix.

My hazards basically were on all the time as soon as the ignition was turned on. It was a track / race car so we just took all the bulbs out, but had to fix it properly before I sold it on.

cheers

David
Cheers for that. I can see that BCM modules for Mk3 Clios aren’t very expensive on eBay.

Do you think I could just buy a replacement one and it would work with the car, or do I need to get mine fixed?

What I mean is, is the BCM somehow coded with the car?

I’m 99% sure they are coded to the car, so you need to get yours fixed.
Give BBA a call. They were very helpful and knowledgable about these issues
Good luck!

I have very similar problem on missus‘s Clio 3 Tom Tom initiale With Keyless Entry. I can pull the 15ma fuse rightermost in compartment that also controls the radio and Tom Tom nav and that prevents it. When I add the fuse it will reoccur anytime usually a few days later and nothing will stop it other than fuse pull or battery. Thought it could be volumetric alarm and removed those sensors no joy. Don’t understand why just indicators/ hazards in strange pattern. Don’t think ours has got wet either but will check.