Have I got this wash sequence correct?

Ryster

Paid Member
Going to give me Black 200 a good seeing to today, just wanted to make sure I had this the right;

Rinse/Snow Foam
wash - two buckets
clay bar
polish
wax/sealant

the the last time I gave any of my cars a real clean was on my Frozen white fiesta St so Im out the loop a touch on cleaning! Going to give this a go and hopefully it'll have a bit of shine come the end of the day

Don't need to hand wash it if you're going to use a clay bar, and polish the car.

Just get the dirt off the car with a mini wash and then clay the car, wash it, dry it off and polish it.

Snow foam and agitate/clean. Depending on how dirty the car is.
Clay
Snow foam
Polish
Wax
Seal

I always go with sealant and then the wax on top of it.
And I wax the car every 3-4 months because I don't drive it as much as I used to and it's garaged.

I would personally wash the car before claying. Clay only removed dirt that's gone into the paint. If dust in on the surface when claying this will clog the clay up and scratch your paint. If you use spray clay lube I would wash it after claying also

Of course you wash the car before the clay...and I usually leave it wet so I don't need so much lube for the clay. And I wash the car after too.

Snow foam first, rinse, 2 bucket wash, rinse, clay, pre cleaner, wax.

A pre cleaner like Dodo juice lime prime will give you a deep shine. The wax or sealant is just to protect. All the shinning is done prior to the top coat.

I went for
snow foam
wash
rinse
clay
polish
wax

Used a megs Polish and it's got rid of a hell of a lot of swirls and a few scratches, used quite a tough wax on top as well. Hopefully did it right but it certainly looks a heck of a lot better than it did, very impressed. Cheers for the help today chaps.

swirl marks can be easily removed with a DA polisher and the right pad/compound for your car