Harnesses with standard seats?

Okay, so I have standard seats and want to put harnesses on them, first of all is this possible? Then the next question is, is it possible to do this while I leave my old seat belts in place. Because I removed the back seats I occasionally want to put them back in, and then I would have to use the normal seat belt in that case. Any help is much appreciated. Cheera

Standard basic RS Sport seats no. They have no belt guides and the seat isn't designed to take a lateral load like that in a crash. It is a dangerous bodge in my opinion to run them.

Standard Recaro CS's you would need to investigate, yes they have belt holes but I'd want to research first if any OEM partners use harnesses with them and/or what Recaro say.

Think the chap from Aus runs harnesses with the Recaro CS [MENTION=4449]steve11[/MENTION] iirc

However laws may be different over there.

As rich mentioned, unless you have the holes in the seat for the belts to guide through wouldn't be able to run them, which rules standard seats out.

Of course you can run harnesses with Recaro CS seats. They are a generic seat used on a wide range of vehicles and can accommodate a 4 point, not 6 point whilst retaining the standard 3 point seat belt.

On a standard seat as mentioned it's not advised but can quite easily be done. Is it safe or recommended? No.

To use harnesses with a seat constructed from two parts the shoulder strap must be parallel to the ground so when the car suddenly stops if they are at an angle you're bodies momentum with try and pull the straps down and could easily crush your spine. A megane r26r for example gets around this problem by using single piece construction bucket seats which are much stronger and can cope with the force created by the angle of the shoulder strap.
Despite this if you look at most saloon race and rally cars the shoulder straps are mounted to the roll cage at the same height as the shoulder. Ktec racing sell a harness which does that bar, speak to them, they'll explain it.

IMG_2563_zpsytkapewu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2464_zps04s2j7qq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Has anyone got a way to mount the harness lap belts without drilling the chassis? This is for a clip in harness only as I still need to retain the original belts