Harness mounting points (again)

Hopefully in the correct section, after some advice, I don't want to cover the whole you can't fit harnesses etc, but I would like to know if anyone has managed to fit harness lap belts successfully. I had them in my Megane with a harness bar but there is not one available for the Clio but I have a plan for the shoulder straps it is the lap belts I'm struggling with. Here are a couple of pictures of the points in my Megane but I'm not sure if I can do the same in the Clio as the seats are really close to the tunnel.

qu6ame7a.jpg

2upezabu.jpg

ja6una6e.jpg

Reactions: Hyde200
My lower eye bolts are in the rear floor just behind the Recaro seat runners, uppers are in harness bar.
Also be sure to fit reinforcement plates underneath.

Here you go...
The floor mounts have reinforcement plates on underside for i-bolts.
Harness/strut bar has crush tubes inside bar for i-bolts.
Have been racing car like this for 2 full seasons, has been scrutineered many times & has been engineer approved.
Installation has been tested with 2 x big 'offs' & performed flawlessly.

View attachment 8540View attachment 8541

Last edited:
Thanks for those, where does the Strut bar bolt on? Is it bolted top and bottom? I presume with the floor mounts, the belts are a tight fit between the seat and the tunnel? I was thinking of using exactly the same rear mount as you, did you put the reinforcing inside? I was going to wrap my straps round the bar, if it is strong enough. Just struggling with the floor mounts. I was thinking of putting one in the side of the tunnel and the other in the door pillar if I can get a reinforcing plate in. Do you have a picture with the lap belts in? As that is probably the easiest solution, I just want to get as good a run as possible.

Thanks for those, where does the Strut bar bolt on? Is it bolted top and bottom? I presume with the floor mounts, the belts are a tight fit between the seat and the tunnel? I was thinking of using exactly the same rear mount as you, did you put the reinforcing inside? I was going to wrap my straps round the bar, if it is strong enough. Just struggling with the floor mounts. I was thinking of putting one in the side of the tunnel and the other in the door pillar if I can get a reinforcing plate in. Do you have a picture with the lap belts in? As that is probably the easiest solution, I just want to get as good a run as possible.

Yep strut bar has 4 good mounting points.
For the floor mount i-bolts i used 120mm x 60mm plates (racing requirement in Oz) underneath the floorpan & 50mm o-d washers inside.
Wrapping straps around the bar is a good solution as you wont need to fit crush tubes inside the bar.
Using the existing lower seatbelt mount in the b-pillar is probably ideal but i couldn't find an i-bolt with the correct thread needed.
My setup does allow the floor mount belts to sit nicely if you decide to go that way.