Hankook V12 Evo

dont alot of the BTCC cars run hankooks? they're good tyres and the low price makes them even better, prob wont stay low for long though. :bye2:

Yea hankooks are used in a few different types of motorsport

When mine need replacing in a few months i'll either put on these hankooks or michellin pilot sports. Not going to get the contis again

Ok hankook may not be budget in the sense that nankang or hero are but they are not premium like say conti, Michelin etc.

If I was to run hankook again I'd go for rs2, they will give you more grip in the dry with the trade off being shocking in the wet.

Also Renault choose contis for a reason and the press seem to think the 200 is the best hot hatch out there. Why change??

Also back to the question about them being budgets.

Well IMO budget means you buy em cos they are cheaper so if contis were the same price this thread would not even exist.

And yes I know you are meant to fit the 2 new ones at the back to maintain handling characteristics. But that doesnt apply the same when changing brands. Part worn contis may move water better than new v12s. You should change all 4 when changing brands!

Lastly consider residuals. When I looked for my 182 trophy I did not even consider cars not running Michelin pe2s.

The hankooks are actually listed as premium tyres along with the continental/michelin etc. I understand what you're saying though that they're not at the same level of 'premium' in a brand sense.

But, if the performance is as good then there's no reason why they should be considered budget, after all £80 for a tyre isn't that cheap.

Many people on here absolutely rave about the Hankooks for the 197/200. I'd personally listen to what people that have driven the car using the rubber have to say, rather than just looking at the brand name and assuming it's no good.

The problem with opinions on tyres is that you always swap worn ones for a new ones.

Didn't mean to offend you on the tyre front there...it's obviously something very close to your heart?

Had the tyres fitted this morning and can HONESTLY say they feel alot more grippy in the corners...obviously that would be the case as the rears were down to 2.5 mm on the outer, but I've changed from Conti's to Hankook and feel alot safer going round a bend than I did when first fitting new Conti 3's.

I will be changing the fronts to V12's in the first week of January and don't intend on really using the car until then...I'll be using my DIESEL van to tootle around in.

So I will have changed all 4 tyres within 2 weeks, which should cheer some people up on here.

This is the first forum I have ever joined and found everyone on here very helpful and friendly too, but I suppose there's always one that thinks they know best about everything.

Oh by the way you may find this of interest....

http://www.hankooktire-eu.com/about...teams-at-24h-nuerburgring-2009.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=191&cHash=ab22c64a4e

I've only ran conti's and v12's on my 197. After covering about 10k on the v12's they cause more understeer in the dry than the conti's, but are pretty confidence inspiring in the wet, which is useful in the uk given the changeable weather.

I would honestly say the Hankooks are better in the wet (possibly due to tread pattern). In the dry though the Conti's win by a small margin. I think there was an Autocar test recently that put them top. Most of the tests I've seen rank the V12's mid table.

Overall though you'd be a fool not to take the Hankooks. As long as they stick to their bargain prices I'll never use any other rubber :smile: