Hankook V12 Evo

As above...does anyone know if this tyre is still available, having trouble sourcing them locally?

If not this one then anyone recommend another tyre sub £100?

Cheers

Its been a while since I got mine but I also had trouble sourcing some. They're good though.

there are some kumho estca sports that look exactly the same i had them on my integra and they felt better than toyos
kumhf3.ang.jpg

They look pretty sweet...how are they in the rain, I live in the Lakes so its essential they're good in the wet...how much too mate?

Khumo are getting better, but generally are behind Hankook. You might be best off searching for tyre reviews on google or something.

Yup ordered off Blackcircles and garage is only 2 miles away, cheers for the help, can lock this thread now if moderators wish too.

Thanks

Appreciate that thanks...ordered just tyres before and then you always get ripped off at a garage for fitting them to the wheels anyway, so blackcircles seemed a pretty good deal.

Thanks though!

I replaced the originals with these again, but from the reviews I've read and comments people have made on the Hankooks I'm going to take a punt on them...especially at nearly £50 cheaper!!

I've had Conti 3's on my 197 and Conti 3's and Hankook V12's on my 200.

For the money you're better off with the Hankook's but they don't grip as much as the Conti's.

The traction is slightly more predictable and not as skittish on the Conti's. I'm finding the Hankooks more durable though and also just as quiet as the Conti's which is great for a budget tyre.

See I found the contis to be unpredictable and poor in damp conditions. Understeer worse too. I need do do some more miles with the Hakooks on the front though, I swapped them to the rear about 1000 miles after having them fitted.

Only putting them on the rear to start with and then fronts in couple of months...how you found the difference in front to rear use?

So not only are putting budget tyres on you are putting them on the rear??

Hope you don't plan on pushing it hard, you could end up backwards through a hedge.

Tyres are by far the most important thing on a car, so why even buy a like a 197 if you are gonna skimp on tyres??

If you want to save money trade it in for a diesel!!

Hankook are not budget tyres. They are actually classed as Premium by most places now. And the name doesn't mean everything. And you are actually incorrect about putting new tyres on a car. If you have to only have 2 tyres, always put the new ones on the back. They do the handling, keeping the car from going sideways. I have used the V12s front and rear and can honestly say they are better than the Continentals.

If you were buying some budget tyres mate they would say Nankang on the side, or something like Accelera. I mean these Hankooks are being sold everywhere and even the likes of BMW are fitting them as STANDARD to their cars.

Ford have used them for ages, as the quality is better or as good as more well known brands, but the price is lower. Although I will say that manufacturer's do tend to chop and change what tyres they fit to cars. We have a load of Transit Connects that are the same age, when they were new there were about 5 different tyre brands and models fitted, from Hankook to Pirreli!

So not only are putting budget tyres on you are putting them on the rear??

Hope you don't plan on pushing it hard, you could end up backwards through a hedge.

Tyres are by far the most important thing on a car, so why even buy a like a 197 if you are gonna skimp on tyres??

If you want to save money trade it in for a diesel!!

Dumbest post of the year goes to you

Hankooks are not budget.....lmfao