Had enough with this car: deadbolt buzz

So few months ago the sound of my driver side deadlock (second button press) changed to a dull thud. Sprayed it with WD40 and it's all good.

today I've gone to double press the button, passenger side is fine but the drivers side makes a buzzing sound and, I assume, doesn't deadlock.

the car does lock fine in the first press thankfully I just can't deadlock my drivers door.

anyone know what this could be?

(it's due to go into Renault end of the month for 2x new steering arms so if anyone has any pointers to get it to deadlock again before the that'd be great)

soaked the mechanism in WD40 and drove to work and it's dead locking again and not buzzing. Think I need to take the door apart and clean the mechanism up then :worried:

Last edited:
Why don't you just let Renault sort it out? Are you in warrenty?

It's the final shot in a long list.

steering arms
torque take up arm
driveshaft
fuel pump
suspension (broken springs)
exhaust manifold
2x sensors
indicator stalk blew out randomly
self levellers randomly stopped working
rear calliper has been replaced not once but twice (and still isn't right)
then this with the door locking just as it was finally getting itself together (this is all since October last year)

Its been a nightmare and there's at least 2 things I've forgotten about. (197 no warranty had the car 4 years and 60k and it's not he it's she lol)

Last edited:
I'd be getting rid. I feel your pain.

With a list like that, I'm sure you just end up falling out of love with a car.

It's at the stage where I've spent so much fixing it and so much if it has been replaced I want to get my money's worth but I plan on exchanging it in at the end of the year now.

I've loved it for 4 years but it's hard to keep loving something that's costing me so much and stressing me out (only car) in it's favor it's only let me down once and that's when the fuel pump packed in, even then it waited after the 35 miles of motorway and did it in town, and I ended up getting recovered (also give Renault their due here in the fact they got my car back to me in 2 days despite saying they were booked up for a week)

locking mechanism has been attacked and is currently working fine now though. Looks like it just needed a good clean and re grease.

Ill be be back next month with a new problem no doubt :tongueout:

Last edited:
Bad luck mate sorry to hear you've been having so many problems...

On the contrary I didn't have any of these in my 3 years ownership. Apart from a steering rack which was replaced under warranty. Look at the bright side though, your gearbox is up and running!

the only "real" problems I had with mine were the hands-free system - I had to change the optical sensor and outer door handle and a steering arm in over 6yrs and 36000m

Mines on nearly 90k now and for 3.5 years I had no issues whatsoever and just did general maintenance and that was it. The last 6 months have been the start of the issues.
In fact you can probably find posts in my past stating that my car had been perfect for 3 years (yeah I never should have said that)

Dont say that about the gearbox you'll curse it :tongueout: