Had a bump...my options?

Set off into the back of a n reg micra at a tjunction thinking the lad in the micra had pulled out. The damage didn't look that bad at first but on closer inspection at work I need a new bumper and passenger side light. Getting quoted silly prices for a non painted bumper £500+ and £180 for the light. Theres only a little crack in the light under the fairing.

Now I have got £500 excess to pay if I claim on insurance and I'm not in a massive hurry to sort it out what with winter coming along. Should I just wait to see if I can come across a cheaper bumper?

It's a black ff 200 btw. First accident since ive been driving (5 yrs) Gg no claims!

I can post pics tonight if anyone is interested. :worried:

I'd contact Clio Spares mate. Don't buy from Renault or they'll sting you on prices. Also contact a variety of local bodyshops, see what they can offer you.

Where are you based out of interest?

If your in no rush have a good look round first and with winter coming on keep your eyes open on eBay for smashed ones

Took it to a repair garage today and was quoted £250 to sort the bumper out, take it off, re painted, some plastic welding. The guy said he could make it look as good.

With my passenger side front headlight it has a tiny crack under where it enters the fairing. Could I just leave this?

Just a question:

Ive had the car from new since march, 11 plate. How much should I be expecting from a dealer in may 2012? I would have about £13500 to pay off on finance then.

(mrs wants me to get rid)