H&R Spacer Information

To lower the ride height you de compress the spring. so lower the perch the spring sits on which you can see in the 2nd photo.

Hi guys,

Can you just confirm based on the first page that if I go with the 25mm spacer from Germany, I won't need to change my current wheel bolts... Help is really appreciate as I want to order but need advice!

Hi guys,

Can you just confirm based on the first page that if I go with the 25mm spacer from Germany, I won't need to change my current wheel bolts... Help is really appreciate as I want to order but need advice!

You dont mate, i have the same.

Guys,

I bought 50mm bolts with 20mm spacers and they were 3mm too long. Someone said that they would be fine but ended up having to machine off 3mm which was a bitch !

Guys,

I bought 50mm bolts with 20mm spacers and they were 3mm too long. Someone said that they would be fine but ended up having to machine off 3mm which was a bitch !

Really?? Interesting. I've bought 50mm bolts too, but I've been too lazy to get around to fitting them yet. I'll keep an eye on it when I fit mine. If I have the same/similar problems I'll update the first post. :smile:

Just an update, I fitted my 50mm bolts no problem. I did find that there was some crap/rust build up where the old bolts didn't go right through the hub, a little bit of pressure with the torque wrench solved the problem. Looking behind the hub with them fitted and there's still a good few mm clearance with the 50mm bolts fitted.

I would like to use only rear wheels spacers..nothing extreme...
Is it possible to mount only rear without influencing car's handling?

I would like to use only rear wheels spacers..nothing extreme...
Is it possible to mount only rear without influencing car's handling?

Just came across this as I was asking a similar question "FF (as opposed to FR, RR, MR): widening the rear track only and its subsequent effect on handling"; the following link may help answer it: http://www.clubgti.com/archive/index.php?t-220808.html

It is superficial at best given the subjective nature of the manner in which it was tested, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Bumping this thread. I need some spacers on my 197, currently running H&R 30/40 springs, i often have a full car 4 people so don't want any rubbing when going over bumps, what size spacers would you suggest? I also don't really like the idea of extended bolts... Have seen a few horror stories with them!