GW 200 detailed + details + the importance of good light

Spent most of Saturday on the car and by the time I was done it was dark and cold so took photos in the garage with some new lighting gear:

wheel-lit-1280x853-5123fb7fc87ef.jpg

engine-1-1280x853-5123fb885e8dd.jpg

interior-lit-1-1280x853-5123fb75f2232.jpg

interior-lit-2-1280x853-5123fb6baf6a2.jpg

Normally they do interior shots like this in a studio to get the light, but you can DIY it with a couple of flashes and a white sheet!

interior-setup-1280x853-5123fb941a6b8.jpg

Forgot to put the cloth over the mirrors and wipers so they're missing from the shots... Doh! Also need to stop it down as it's not all in focus even at f/8.

Excellent shots, is the sheet to control the light and stop the interior from contrasting with outside??

Cheers guys!

Excellent shots, is the sheet to control the light and stop the interior from contrasting with outside??

The sheet acts as a diffuser, so it turns the very harsh directional light from the flashes into much softer, more spread out light. Kind of like a huge lampshade.

Excellent shots.

Where is the lighting system from?

It's two Canon Speedlite Flashes with built in radio control receivers, and a transmitter attached to the camera.

Cheers guys!

The sheet acts as a diffuser, so it turns the very harsh directional light from the flashes into much softer, more spread out light. Kind of like a huge lampshade.

It's two Canon Speedlite Flashes with built in radio control receivers, and a transmitter attached to the camera.

Fancy stuff then, I can't wait until its nicer outside so I can give my car a big detail (hopefully this weekend) and take some pictures on my SLR!

Similar Thread Suggestions