Gutted :-(

Been waiting nearly 2 weeks to pick up my car . Was first waiting on the body shop as managed to get them to have stone chips and scratches etc all sprayed and tidied up included in the px . Then they where doing the cam belt , water pump full service also included in the deal :smile: . It Was going to be ready Tuesday but was working late Tuesday and Wednesday so could not pick it up . Was all excited today thinking I could pick it it . How wrong was it . When they where doing service etc they noticed the n/s ball joint was shattered and something about hub assembly and something wrong . Ordered part from Renault France only to receive o/s instead so not got to wait longer . It's killing me . I really want my 197. :-(

Frustrating but at least you know it's going to be sorted before you get it. You're gonna love it!

Yes there is that they must be will annoyed that I managed to do a straight swap for my insignia now it's cost them a fortune but hopefully all the faults will be sorted and cam belt done so should be peace of mind . Hopefully :smile: can't wait

Thats a good task to have done!!!

Get the o/s done also beings as they have it, these are known for failing! Just say suspension components should be replaced in pairs...

Gaz, buddy get used to frustration and headaches with the 197, at least you'll be prepared. However I think the fun you'll have when it is on the Road is well worth it. Enjoy!

Thats some bad luck your having. Find out exactly what parts they are changing (cambelt related parts more than anything) - given that they are funding it, would be easy to cut corners just to tick the box (not saying they are though!).

That sucks on the delay, but definitely a good thing to get sorted before you pick it up, as Chris pointed out.

They are such fun cars and it will be worth the wait once you get your hands on it!

Yes there is that they must be will annoyed that I managed to do a straight swap for my insignia now it's cost them a fortune but hopefully all the faults will be sorted and cam belt done so should be peace of mind . Hopefully :smile: can't wait

Hi mate as others said, at least it's all getting sorted. I got 2 new stabiliser bars a hub carrier a timing belt, font/rear pads and discs all round and 2 tyres when I bought my 197, and then with the months warranty before autocare kicked in through me checking the car when I got it a exhaust manifold wich they were not happy about as how dear the part alone was. Be worth the wait.

If its renault check they have changed the aux belt & not put the old one back on
renault after sales servicing = every short cut known to man!

Still not got it . Hopefully tomorrow . Spoke to mechanic today he said he's going ball joint tomorrow . And also putting pads and discs on and servicing calipers. Mechanic is awesome . He's a right petrol head and builds jap race cars so hopefully he's done a good job on her :smile: