Group Buy Piper design197 Manifold but Donor Car needed

So a few weeks ago I sent a few emails out trying to see if a decent company could produce a quality 4-2-1/4-1 decat aftermarket exhaust manifold.

Piper have replied with the following:

Adam; Piper Cams and Exhausts; said:
adam@pipercams.co.uk
T: 01303 245300 F: 01303 240666

dsc0146gyg.jpg

m046c.jpg

m057.jpg

This is definitely something we would be interested in developing alongside the members of Clio197.net, I did notice the recent thread on there a few days ago and was going to try and get in contact soon.

We did look to manufacture a manifold when we produced the Piper system, but we did not have enough time with the development car - we do have the flanges drawn and cut ready.

Without seeing the car we would be unable to give a definite price, our current manifolds are in the £350 +VAT region, although this may be reduced due to the quantity.

I've attached a few photographs of our current manifolds, and some of our recent work. Do you know of anyone who may be interested in leaving their car with us for 1-2 weeks?

Kind Regards

Adam Saxton

Basically if anyone's feeling generous to denote their car for a few weeks, there's an opportunity for everyone interested to benefit from a quality manifold for the whole community. His email is above so If you can help please get in contact with him.

Kind regards, Bren

Last edited:
well my car was used to develop the exhaust system, and what ever details they go come from mine, tho hope u know how much work it is to make a manifold and how long it takes to fit?

Also they could of had my car for as long as they wanted. The exhaust system was rushed to say the least

I spoke with Adam at Piper and the moment they are not developing one as the numbers are not there. If that decision changes then they'll call me. I guess if enough people wanted one they might do it.

Last edited:
I can't help but feel that this is a mod that will become more popular over time as more and more standard manifolds fail and more people's warranties expire. The first company to make/supply these will make decent money even if the initial outlay is quite high.

I can't help but feel that this is a mod that will become more popular over time as more and more standard manifolds fail and more people's warranties expire. The first company to make/supply these will make decent money even if the initial outlay is quite high.

Yeah definately! when mine went renault wanted £750 + VAT just to supply the manifold! at the time there were no after market ones available so my car was off the road until i found a 2nd hand one, iirc i paid £250 for that!

Well lets drum up some interest, I'll ping them an email when we have decent numbers and see what Happens. If Piper arent interest il try another company.

1. E3D

My car is available, and I think my input would be more use than people who just own rather than work on the cars, without wanting to offend. I'll speak to Adam as I'm already a piper dealer

My car is available, and I think my input would be more use than people who just own rather than work on the cars, without wanting to offend. I'll speak to Adam as I'm already a piper dealer

Agreed, Just really need numbers now to show its worth there while

1. E3D
2. sideways danny
3. Evo_XT

Hello all!

I wanted to post on here as we have been mentioned as possibly developing a manifold for the 197. We have looked into this before and although we are not ruling out making a manifold we can foresee a few possible problems if we do go ahead, Firstly will be the cost, we make all our exhausts in the UK, by hand, I can see a lot of bends being required to make this manifold and with each bend the price increases, by looking at this manifold I would estimate the final cost to be around £500-£750, another issue is the fitment, I believe the the sub frame has to be undone in order to remove/refit the manifold, this adds to the overall cost of the manifold.

Ive also been told that the standard manifold is quite good in terms of performance, but poor in terms of quality, that means that our manifold would only be changed if/when the stock one was to fail (if it aint broke.....)

Also, I have done a quick Google search and easily found a manifold for under £200, I know it may not be as good as what we can produce, but to some people the bottom line is the price.

Sorry if im sounding negative regarding this, I dont mean to be, im just highlighting possible problems, and I would very much like peoples feedback regarding the issues I mentioned, please post a comment here or contact me directly on tom@pipercams.co.uk

Thank you guys!

Tom Edmunds
Piper Cams and Exhausts