Group Buy Piper design197 Manifold but Donor Car needed

sorry but £500-£700 for a manifold + fitting and then a remap on top of that? thats going to be more than £1k. tbh i dont think the oem manifold is bad enough to justify that amount of money especially when you can have the ktec 'Y' pipe supplied, fitted and mapped for around £600

sorry but £500-£700 for a manifold + fitting and then a remap on top of that? thats going to be more than £1k. tbh i dont think the oem manifold is bad enough to justify that amount of money especially when you can have the ktec 'Y' pipe supplied, fitted and mapped for around £600

Read the whole post. Tom was very clear that most of the time, people who want a manifold will want it to replace one that is damaged, not for performance advantage. Build quality of the standard manifold is stunningly shockingly bad

Read the whole post. Tom was very clear that most of the time, people who want a manifold will want it to replace one that is damaged, not for performance advantage. Build quality of the standard manifold is stunningly shockingly bad

in what way is the oem manifold bad then just so we all know what to look out for?

Damaged in what way? Surely its only the flexis and welds that's go so it would still be cheaper to repair no? Rather than buy a new manifold and get a remap?

Hi again Guys,

It seems that the majority agree with my previous post, It will be costly (price of manifold + labour time) to replace an item that, unless it goes wrong, is already pretty good. Unfortunately, there seems to be a few cheaper alternatives available, so i dont foresee this project going ahead.

Please keep posting your comments on this.

Regards
Tom Edmunds
Piper Cams and Exhausts