Gritty window noise

ashtons99

Gold Member
Ive noticed my windows have started sounding gritty when I wind them up its seems to be coming from the short channel section near the door mirror. Ive tried wiping it but it comes back fairly soon. Its on both front windows.

Any solutions?

Window full down, get a few cotton buds, dip it in what ever you clean windows/the rubber seal trim with, (water and soap should be fine) clean the gaps either side of the glass and seals, get a cloth and wipe away as much grit as you can by trying to peel the seals back a little, work the window up a little, at a time and repeat as this might bring some freah dirt up. Oh clean your window first :smile:

Worked for me, was driving me mad :smile:

Perfect! I have that problem since fitting my heko's... Maybe I am guilty of not giving it a thorough clean :sly:

same mate on the drivers side,the heko's obviously push the seals apart and let crap in,my drivers side window also mists up now as well when none of the others do,hmmm

I think I might bin the Hekos if the problem continues. I like them but not enough to end up with scratched side glass