'Green' shift light

Drove my 197 for the first time in a few weeks.

Couldn't help notice the green light cutting in earlier than I thought it did.

Gear 3 - about 6200rpm . . .

Is it documented anywhere? For each gear?

Sod the light off, your looking for the red line :wink: ( when it's warm lol, 15 mins may get coolant to operating temp but oil temp will take 5 mins longer ).

Drove my 197 for the first time in a few weeks.

Couldn't help notice the green light cutting in earlier than I thought it did.

Gear 3 - about 6200rpm . . .

Is it documented anywhere? For each gear?

should red line in every gear as such!

when the engines cold they do have a lower rev limit and if its similar to the 182 then its only a few 100 rpm lower

when mines like in the red the shift-light is on :shout:

if it's still cold limiting after 15 minutes, you should change your thermostat. Get a 182 one aswell, they're just over half the price, and a slightly higher temp than the over cooled 197 one.

Mine cuts in early too...

Complained to Renault and they changed the clocks thinking it was that at fault...penis'.

IIRC if it's stone cold is it not 5k then 6.2k then when fully warm it will be back to normal? Not that I would ever be brave enough to test the 5k limiter.

this is for the f4r 730 engine...

Max. engine speeds for a coolant temperature​
< 75°C 6,700 rpm

for a coolant temperature​
> 75°C in 1st or 2nd gear 7,200 rpm

for a coolant temperature​
> 75°C in 3rd, 4th or 5th speed 7,000 rpm

• Gear change indicator light illuminating approximately 300 rpm before the maximum engine speed

Typo? 197 has the 830. 200 has the 832. :thumbup1:

yes i know....its an "example" as i said in my previuos post in this thread - info is for 182 but gives an idea of how much the revs are limited and not as low as some think

yes i know....its an "example" as i said in my previuos post in this thread - info is for 182 but gives an idea of how much the revs are limited and not as low as some think

Oh OK oops :bat: Thought you meant specifically Clio III.

Couldn't find any technical notes on InfoTech as to when the shift light flashes at specific temps so can't tell you at what RPM/Temp it illuminates. :bash:

Oh OK oops :bat: Thought you meant specifically Clio III.

Couldn't find any technical notes on InfoTech as to when the shift light flashes at specific temps so can't tell you at what RPM/Temp it illuminates. :bash:

yeh i looked as well and couldnt find anything and the only data that actually lists it is for the 182 - so at least it gives an idea of the limitation when cold - theres no way its limited to 5k revs as mines been over that when cold as you have on occasion to boot it out of junctions - but it would be nice to find/know the data if it does become available :thumbup1: