Great service

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
So with the warranty due to run out on my car tomorrow I thought at the start of the month it was time to get a few niggles sorted before I had to pay for it. It went in for a knocking from the rear suspension, air con not working and split weather strips on the 'B' pillar. Wasn't overly optimistic when I booked it in as the girl I spoke with didn't pay one bit of attention to what I was saying or at least gave that impression. So I dropped the car off and was this time greeted by @-Eddie- who listened to me and took a bit of time to hear what I had to say. At the end of the day got a phone call from Eddie exactly when he said he would call. On collecting the car I was told they could hear the knocking but couldn't find where it was coming from so they checked over the rear suspension and it all seemed OK. They also adjusted and tightened anything that could be adjusted or tightened. Also a dye had been put into the air con to try to find the leak and the new weather strips were on order. Couldn't really ask for much more.

On on Tuesday off it went to Charles Hurst Newtownards again to have the weather strips fitted, find the leak in the air con with the help of the dye and try to find the suspension knock as it was still there. At the end of Tuesday Eddie called again (and again exactly when he said he would) to tell me the weather strips were fitted but they still couldn't find the source of the other two problems despite replacing and adjusting a few things underneath the car and asked could they have the car overnight. Thankfully I work with a girl from the same small town so I arranged a lift and the car was left with Renault. At around 4pm of Wednesday another call from Eddie telling me that they'd found the suspension knock and it was coming from the front shock absorber on the passenger side and they'd also found the source of the air con leak (a join in the air con radiator had cracked). The parts were on order and would be in the next morning if I could leave the car another night they'd get straight onto it in the morning, which I did. On Thursday lunchtime got the call from Eddie (now seemingly my personal customer service guy, no complaints as he's done an excellent job) telling me the car was done. Unfortunately I couldn't collect it until today.

So finally managed to collect the car today and on speaking with Eddie there was 13 hours booked on my car (at £65 per hour) plus the weather strips, an air con radiator and two front shocks (yes 2 as they replaced both!) thankfully all covered by warranty. I was also informed that at one point they were driving around with Eddie basically in the boot of my car listening for the knock. Also found out the mechanic working on the car was [MENTION=26158]Mi16chris[/MENTION] so big thanks to him.

Have to say that the service I received (bar when I booked the car in at first) was top notch. With phone calls to keep me updated at all times and people that cared about customers and their car. Couldn't recommend Charles Hurst Newtownards enough if you live in Northern Ireland. Also with at least 3 staff members being RS owners (Clio and Megane) you know your car's being looked after by enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Good to hear this kind of feedback and glad everything is all sorted! Props to the expert out the back [MENTION=26158]Mi16chris[/MENTION]!

Hopefully that's it all sorted out, anything else give us a shout Paddy!

What great feedback, it's refreshing to see a thread that in which someone's received great service and had some guys at it who know exactly what they are doing other than going the other way. Top notch!

As above its great to hear someone give good feedback. Most people only give negative feedback. I actually emailed BMW. UK HQ. a few years ago as I order two special washers that held an exhaust heat shield up ( 34p each ) they text me to let me know they were in ( probably cost more than their profit to do that) When I went to pick them up I was still wearing my work overalls and stood next to a guy suited an booted paying for a new hard top for his Z4. I was treated exactly the same as this guy irrespective of how much they were making off each of us. Credit where it us due us what I say. Glad you got a good service and fair play for your post

forgot to mention this was Syntners in Coventry

I'm glad somone has actually had good service from Renault for a change. In the next few days, if Renault don't sort my issue, I'm going to air it for everyone to know.

[MENTION=26158]Mi16chris[/MENTION] not a problem. Thanks for sorting the problem, the knocking was doing my nut in. And thanks for the comments, needed a wash badly though.