got my itg

well I got my itg filter today and put it in. the only difference is in 2nd over 5000rpm I can hear the car sucking the air in which sounds class! dont know if its just me but top end seems more egar although there is no sound increase just whatI mentioned before.i guessI won't notice much untilI get an exhaust and remap but its getting there!

Has anyone ever fitted a secondary air feed to the standard air box using an uprated panel filter?

I'm curious as to how this would effect the f4r engines. On engines I have worked on in the past, including the Clio 172 the engines have responded really well to this mod.

Has anyone ever fitted a secondary air feed to the standard air box using an uprated panel filter?

I'm curious as to how this would effect the f4r engines. On engines I have worked on in the past, including the Clio 172 the engines have responded really well to this mod.

no because thereis no room to fit a pipe without bending and contorting the thing

so by the time it gets to the filter its not worth it i dont think

still dont get how a itg filter makes any more noise that the standard?

ive just sold my itg and gone back to standard and theres no difference

surely the noise is contained within the airbox ?

the only way to get proper induction noise is take lid off or use a open cone yeah?

im sure someone can correct me

I've just bought an airbox to modify.

Certainly on the 200 there's a straight path from the fog light to the acoustic pipe - however, this is all bent and at a strange angle, so I'm shaving it off and grafting a new inlet on instead pointing down at the fog.

I doubt it'll see any more power, but at least it'll give some nice cold, fresh air!

I've noticed a slight difference between 2.5k and 3.0k rpm there's more a burble that's about it deffo an increase in power but when I took my old air filter out it was full of bugs and was nearly a grey colour!! blocked much??

I was actually being sincere with that comment mate.

Its hard to get tone of voice on a forum. It is very easy to come across the wrong way.

For that I apologise.

I've just bought an airbox to modify.

Certainly on the 200 there's a straight path from the fog light to the acoustic pipe - however, this is all bent and at a strange angle, so I'm shaving it off and grafting a new inlet on instead pointing down at the fog.

I doubt it'll see any more power, but at least it'll give some nice cold, fresh air!

Make 2 :biggrin:

Ill have to check if this is within the clutter cup regs LOL

I've already had the airbox off and it's going to be a doddle. Still not sure how the front end comes apart for stage 2 yet though.

Karl (Twingogeekeo) sorted me a spare which arrives tomorrow, so I'll have a crack at it on Sunday and do a "how to".

Regs, schmegs - 2nd is the first of the losers in the Clutter Cup!!