Gopro

Personally I'd go new. Been looking at the GoPros myself recently and found that the used prices aren't that great compared to spending a little extra and going for a slightly better spec. Having said that, there's bound to be a few bargains out there on eBay and Gumtree if you're not too fussed about a few extra megapixels etc. and saving a few quid for a decent mount.

Either new or just don't buy a gopro, lots of alternatives out there now. I have one, don't use it anymore.

Google technomoan for some reviews of different ones.

I've just bought a Hero3 White Edition, £140 from PC World. I thought that was a reasonable price, although to be fair I hadn't really looked into alternative brands. I guess you pay for the name with a GoPro, but I'm happy with it.

If you do go GoPro, the official mounts are quite dear for what they are - the aftermarket ones are a fraction of the price and seem just as good quality.

SJ4000 in probably the best of the alternatives. Basically a GoPro replica at around £60. There's even fake SJ4000s about now too.

I've just bought a Hero3 White Edition, £140 from PC World. I thought that was a reasonable price, although to be fair I hadn't really looked into alternative brands. I guess you pay for the name with a GoPro, but I'm happy with it.

If you do go GoPro, the official mounts are quite dear for what they are - the aftermarket ones are a fraction of the price and seem just as good quality.

I have looked around (not currys) and found it to be around £300 - £400 with the extras like suction mount. I will have a look for this online.

Tell me would that one be good for making a little driving video?

Just bear in mind that the higher spec you go for (white, silver black) the less battery life you'll get out of a charge.. also more expensive obviously.

I have a 3+ Black and the 720p @ 120fps is great for slow mo but the battery life is pretty poor even when just filming normally due to the uprated processor I guess

I have looked around (not currys) and found it to be around £300 - £400 with the extras like suction mount. I will have a look for this online.

Tell me would that one be good for making a little driving video?

This is the link to Currys, the one I bought:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/camera...ion-camcorder-white-edition-21772792-pdt.html

There are more expensive ones - the variants of the newest Hero4 are in the £300-400 bracket.

This is the link to the mount I got from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221511246716?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This mount will also fit the SJ4000 that Paddy refers to. I remember watching the YouTube review by Technomoan who did rate the SJ as a good alternative to the GoPro.

To answer your other question though, yes the Hero3 is perfect for making driving videos. The mount gives you a lot of options with regards camera placement, so you can get some good angles etc.

Similar Thread Suggestions