Gearbox removal help

I'm about to change my box at the weekend can it be done with our removing the subframe? I'll be doing it on a ramp so access is not a issue

Don't want to drop the subframe if it's not needed

A job I'm thinking of doing sometime in the near future possibly just to change the clutch as I think It's worth a go first before getting any gearbox work done. This is a video for a 2015 1.5dci Clio but I think even if its a Mk4 its closer match than a Mk2 but it seems like the radiator support bracket is as far as you need to go. The guy is a bit rough with it but he was good enough to video and share.

Nope. It all needs to come off....Including the manifold in order to get the starter motor off. It's not a bad job if the balljoints undo without spinning
I dropped the struts out and left the calipers tied up in the arches. Fortunately it's all been apart before so everything's got grease on it.

received_163844134889942.jpeg

received_160754018593891.jpeg

Maybe 2 hours or so. Like I said, it's fine if everything comes undone ok.
Big impact gun is definitely recommended

Reactions: geordie
Did mine on the drive. Probably took about 3/4 hours to get mine out at a steady pace. As above though it's really not that bad a job. It's just a lot to do

My ball joints didn't spin, however the wishbones did get stuck in the hub and gave up trying to beat them out before i broke anything and undid them from the subframe instead (saying that I think the passenger one might have come out of the hub I can't remember)

Though I didn't take my manifold off to remove the starter but it isn't much extra work to move it as above

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk