Gearbox issues:-(

Got in the car yesterday morning and really struggled with 1st and 2nd gear, I thought 'its just cold' so expected it to loosen up a bit but nothing:-(
Really had to force it into gear a few times and today is no better!

My clutch pedal has been squeaking for a month or so so I'm hoping it may just be the clutch but its not looking good.

Any ideas on the best place to get a new box if it is the worst case?

Cheers

Ashley

Try asking "ASK KARL", its a section of the forums on the main page, close to the bottom.

I have seen him help many people on here with part issues. :smile:

Ah dear, I feel for you dude!

How old is the car? Under any kind of warranty?

For a new gearbox you're looking in the region of a ~£1000 for the work if you provide a new box.

I know there was a deal over on cliosport.net for subscribers who could pick up a new gearbox for £440 here = http://www.renault-spares.co.uk/

Clutch wise, I'd speak to Karl (TwingoGeeko) on here and see what he can do!

It's a nightmare, factored in the Cambelt and other little niggles when I got it a few months back but the box was sweet, 4000miles later it feels dead:-(
It's an 07 R27 so no warranty, only on 24k miles!!!

Ill ask Karl for a price and get my local mech to sort it I think.

Just spent £350 on parts 2weeks ago and labour for Cambelt in 2weeks!
Expensive times I think!

check the clutch master cylinder....it could be the hydraulics faulty and causing the clutch not to clear properly...just dont jump in and assume its the gearbox...

I'm hoping its just the clutch mainly because of the 'squeak'. Pinning my hopes on it lol.
Ill get it to a garage next week and get it checked.

Cheers for the suggestion, gives some hope:smile:

I've still not had a chance to take it to the garage yet.
I'm going away in a week or so and will leave it with the garage while I'm away.
Hopefully it's not the box.