Gearbox fault? or clutch?

Well the 200 is a year old and 7,500 miles on the clock. The past few days when I've been trying to put it in 1st occasionally there is a big scrap as if I haven't dropped the clutch far enough (although I have)
Then as I drop below the clutch release point on the pedal (where there is no play at the bottom) It gets very rough and vibrates slightly.
Struggling to get into certain gears and not nice changing between either.

Any ideas? I've read stuff on here before about the Clio's having S#*T gearboxes so dunno if it could just be a warranty job?

It's going to the garage asap anyways so will soon see, just wondering if anyone had ideas?

sounds more like a release bearing fault if you can feel a vibration through the clutch pedal...

Well update from Renault - needs a brand new gearbox! so will be in for a few weeks waiting for it to get delivered and fitted! :worried:

They didn't go into detail but said it was just stupidly low on oil and despite it being drivable wouldn't be happy with me driving it until the new one arrives.

Does anyone know what the actual fault is? Is the box never filled with enough oil and it's a waiting game for when it goes or does it just burn it up?

I think its just a cheaply built box with cheese for internals. Upgrading the gearbox oil certainly makes a big difference.

I think its just a cheaply built box with cheese for internals. Upgrading the gearbox oil certainly makes a big difference.

been doing a bit of digging on this and pricing up some internal parts for the spare box i have...