Gearbox crunch - Final straw!

Issue being I have a track day on the 8th August!

Went out for a quick drive, it only crunches when above around 5k revs. If I take my times when changing it doesn't seem to crunch.

I'm going to keep an eye out for a gearbox, has anyone ever looked into this - http://www.renault-spares.co.uk/new...00-20-16v-gearbox---tl4-024-tl4024-7330-p.asp

Or this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-S...857272?hash=item466509e238:g:0DsAAOSwiCRUmTTg

Also is there a modification at all that people do to prevent this from happening? or is it just replace the synchro for all the gears?

Top one has been linked to before.

**NOTE: OUT OF STOCK :-(

Syncros' normally go in 4th / 5th. I believe (?) these two are made of a different material to the others. If not they are certainly the 2 of the most common to go......

The "refurb" price - considering thats getting the box in and out: looks pretty damned good to me ! ***Might be worth paying extra to get other synchro's done while the box is out ?

Reactions: m.a.c
I have a TL4 024 that I'll be rebuilding. I can offer it as a service exchange or outright purchase.

All the problematic synchros will be replaced as well. I can have it ready to go by the end of the week if needed.

Reactions: m.a.c
Could be wrong but I think he means the gear linkage cables that run from the gearstick to the gearbox to select gear... Mine popped out the other week and I lost 5th and 6th gear (was racing a streetfighter at the time), thought I'd ****ed the box, all the gears were in the wrong place but luckily the cable just popped back into its housing.

This just happened to me on the way home and now reading that there are cables as well as a stick to select gears, my mind is wondering WTH the french were thinking? Is this normal? Anyway, if anyone can point me to the solution for 'just popping the cables back into their housing' I'd be super grateful.

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd comment for people searching at a later date..

Clio mk2 and mk3 gearboxes aren't the most reliable things but like a lot of things it's blew out of proportion but angry people ranting...

Bad maintenance and bad driving is the problem....

Making sure the engine mounts, linkages and clutch bleed correctly and gearbox oil level and type, are all in order, will go along way in keeping the box good..

More importantly changing gear correctly (not that anyone would admit they dont)
Smashing it in at 7500rpm, not pressing the clutch flat to the floor in a smooth motion is the main cause of damage..