Gearbox crunch from 1st to 2nd

Hi,

I have had my 60 plate RS200 Cup for 6 months now and have been reading your forums about the gearbox problems between 3rd and 4th. Mine seems to be fine between these gears however I have noticed a very light crunch between 1st and 2nd but only intermittently. I’m not even sure if you would hear it outside the car, it might only be a feeling I get through the gear stick. I have worked out it only happens if I go straight from 1st to 2nd and can work around it but letting it go through neutral slightly then over into 2nd. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if its something that is just normal to the car or if its something I should get Renault to look at? The car is under warranty until September.

Hi,

I have had my 60 plate RS200 Cup for 6 months now and have been reading your forums about the gearbox problems between 3rd and 4th. Mine seems to be fine between these gears however I have noticed a very light crunch between 1st and 2nd but only intermittently. I’m not even sure if you would hear it outside the car, it might only be a feeling I get through the gear stick. I have worked out it only happens if I go straight from 1st to 2nd and can work around it but letting it go through neutral slightly then over into 2nd. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if its something that is just normal to the car or if its something I should get Renault to look at? The car is under warranty until September.

Take it to Renault immediately. Even if they don't think there's a fault, they'll log it on their system.
If the problem increases later down the line when you're out of warranty you'll have a leg to stand on.