Gear knob

Hi Forum
i bought an early Clio 3 RS a few months ago and have just put on a refurbished Alcantara steering steering wheel which feels great. Unfortunately it has highlighted how bad the gear knob and handbrake leather feels (same tacky feel as the old melted leather steering wheel). I'd love either a RS BV6 gear knob or to get both parts refurbished in Alcantara like the steering wheel but a comprehensive search of the forum and the interweb has proven fruitless. And any good quality gear knobs get snapped up in the for sale section super fast.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Max

Last edited:
Thanks guys
I'd like to match the Alcantara so have emailed Edge.
Is that RS gear knob on Renault Parts Direct definately the BV6 item. It looks slightly different to the image I have one as I can't see the reverse clip.

yeah I emailed them making sure it was, its supposed to be arriving today so I will keep you informed. And yeah right £350 for a gear knob seems pricey

ok, just got it, and it doesn't fit, its the BV5!!! So annoyed, I emailed them to make sure it fitted because I knew about the different part numbers.

Oh well, back it goes

That's annoying as I ordered one too! It did say its for the clio didn't it? The link is now dead...

Oh really, he must have taken it off then. It did say it was the right one! I emailed him and he gave me a call saying he had a bit of an argument with Renault as they said it was the right one but he argued it clearly wasn't and so I'm just sending it back.

I emailed RPD about the advertised gear knob and got a repsone this afternoon:
"Hi Max
I am afraid the listing was wrong
I have ordered what we believe to be the correct item for tomorrow
Will confirm tomorrow
Regards
Paul"

Jesus! He never emailed me back, but I presume he has cancelled my order as no funds have been taken yet.

Got a reply from Edge
£30 for a gearknob and £20 for a handbrake lever retrimmed in Alcantara.
Sounds very reasonable and will match my steering wheel so will most likely go for this over the RS BV6 item from RPD.
Thanks for everybodies help

I emailed RPD about the advertised gear knob and got a repsone this afternoon:
"Hi Max
I am afraid the listing was wrong
I have ordered what we believe to be the correct item for tomorrow
Will confirm tomorrow
Regards
Paul"

Mine arrived and it appears to be the correct one. Problem being it fits on like the old knob, and I've removed the plastic trim which keeps it in place!

Any idea where I can get the plastic end with goes on the top on the gear stick? Renault say they don't sell it separately and I hacked the old one of to fit an aftermarket gear knob.