Gear knob change

Okay after a massive tug the original gearknob rocketed into the roof narrowly missing my face..Like monkey try to fly plane

I have now encountered a problem..my gearknob came with a fixing screw joint? Which does not fit over the yellowish plastic bit that holds on the original gearknob..

My thoughts are either a) said 'renaultsport gear knob' was actually a £20 jobby from turkland which I thought Id risk it with saving my self £..so it could be just a piece of.

B) said gearknob is actually for a 5spd gearbox?

C) I'm going to break this yellow bit of plastic off with force which means that the original wont be able to go back on..and possibly even worse this £20 jobby might not fit after that destruction...

Thoughts welcome

From looking at that 3rd pic there looks to be retaining lugs (screws) around the bottom of it. Have you tried removing these to see if it fits better. It probably takes a small allen key.

You can't buy the yellow original bit you have to buy the whole gear stick if you break it as this is what happened to me on my 197 when I twisted off.

You can't buy the yellow original bit you have to buy the whole gear stick if you break it as this is what happened to me on my 197 when I twisted off.

Damn it...

New thoughts are either a) cut off bits off the yellow plastic (grooves that hold on original gearknob and stop new gearknob from fitting)

The screw fixing can then slide over the plastic bit and be tightened onto it...hey presto?
So in the future if i need to put the original gearknob back on...lots of glue.

B) leave boring original gearknob on, leave new gearknob on desk and resent it everytime i see it releasing the in total £30 for that piece of garbage could have been used towards the outrageous sum for a genuine one.

on my old megane i cut off that yellow plastic off, to fit an aftermarket gear knob, but as said above you would do so at your own risk :tongueout: