Gear change and then CLICK!!!

Ok, this is starting to really do my head in so allow me to explain.

I have an R27.

Basically no matter whether the car is hot or cold when i'm crawling along in 1st, 2nd or 3rd changing gear from one to the other and going slowly as this noise doesnt happen when going for it, i get a click after every gear change.

So for example.....start the car, leave for a few minutes before driving, press the clutch pedal and select 1st gear, gradually release the clutch pedal whilst pressing the gas like normal, by this time you are moving slowly probably between 5-10 mph. When the clutch pedal is fully released almost immediately after i get a click/tick noise which comes from the front passenger side of the car around the gearbox area.

If i do EXACTLY the same in 2nd gear at low speed, no stereo going or anything i here it again but maybe slightly less of a click because i am going that little faster but none the less it is still there.

This noise does NOT sound like something is wrong with the car, it sort of sounds as if its supposed to do it for some reason but i wanted to understand what others thought? Nor is this noise a constant click/tick its a one off directly after 1st/2nd/3rd gear. It may also do it in the other higher gears but because of the extra speed/faster rotating wheels i may not be able to hear it perhaps.

PLEASE HELP ME its so annoying......if its normal then fine i can accept it i just need to know?!

Thanks!!

Might be the clutch pedal doing it. Press the clutch pedal all the way down to the floor with the engine off and see if it makes the noise

the clutch pedal has a switch on that is used for the handsfree starting system - i think you will find its this switch you can hear clicking ?

i think thats the normal thing, i remember mine doing it from cold.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replys, but the click isnt coming from the pedal itself its coming from the gearbox area/front passenger side of the car and after the pedal is released/nearing the top of release.......or am i being a noob?

Passenger side click/when almost at the top of the clutch pedal or just after release from my foot but not coming from the pedal itself/slow speed and from warm or cold then small click!

Or is it just normal.

Last edited:
Press the clutch, shift into gear, lift clutch up to bite and then right at the biting point or just after most of the time it will let out a small click from the left hand side passenger side of the front end!! Is this just me being a doosh!!!

If its bothering you that much mate I would take it in and show them what its doing.

Might be nothing or it might be something, hard to give advice over the internet on things like this.