Gave the old girl a scrub!

Finally got round to giving the car the clean I was trying to do before the WSR until my fuel pump broke and It never made it down.

It was jet washed (cos im lazy)
Washed again with AG Shampoo (2 BM)
Then I used Meg's Scratch x2 on any little scratches on the door sills and some other marks around the car
Clayed
Polished with PB Black Hole Glaze
Waxed with Collinite 476s
Sealed with Opti Seal

Wheels cleaned with AG's Clean Wheels (diluted)
Waxed with Collinite 476s
Tyres dressed with Armorall Tyre Shine

On to the pics (sorry for quality, they were taken on my HTC)

This was just after my boot lid! I doubt the car has ever been clayed before, but has only 15k on the clock.
IMAG0131.jpg
IMAG0135.jpg
IMAG0141.jpg
IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0144.jpg
IMAG0146.jpg
IMAG0148.jpg

Sorry again for the crappy pics, I really could do with a DSLR but just don't have the cash :worried:

Thanks mate, I reckon I'll treat myself to one for xmas this year anyway lol.

Oh yeah I put in my silverstone sticker in the back passenger window, I know some will hate it but personally I couldn't be happier with it. I got a silver colour and it shows really nice but subtle through the tints. Couldn't get a pic of it though without my ugly mug in the reflection :smiley:

Makes a change from all the Nurburgring stickers I see all the time. I bet most haven't even been to the Ring! (Micra I spotted yesterday for example)

Yeah I dont get the people who stick one on having never been round it? I wouldn't dream of putting one on my car unless I'd been round, and to be honest even then I would think twice given the chav's with it on the **** boxes these days. Stuck mine in the side window so its not in your face all the time

One word...Stunning!

That second pic inside is amazing, it's so shiny, the clay bar is a real eye opener, well worth all the effort :thumbup:

If you don't mind me asking, what tyres have you got? Loving the tread pattern, look like Vredestein?

TBH Troopy my tyres a bit of a mess at the mo, when I bought it there were 3x conti + one random budget brand on there. Since then Iv scrubbed the two front conti's so fitted Hankook v12's (which im really happy with :smile: ) and on the back the drivers side is still original conti and the other is a budget brand. Im gonna get them all swapped for Hankooks a little later in the year I reckon and save these along with a spare wheel as a spare (im planning on doing a 'euro trip' next year so a spare wheel and tyre would be handy)

It's a shame you got it with a budget fitted, but it'll be the way you want it soon :smile: I'm a sucker for an awesome looking tread pattern haha!

I completely understand you waiting until they're dead before chucking them, otherwise it's money down the drain! Hankooks have had an amazing write up on here and in reviews :biggrin: And it's definitely a good idea to have a spare especially for the long trip.

Loving the car anyways, nice to see another gorgoeus black one!

Thanks Fox.

Yeah Troopy they are good Im not normally a fan of budgets to be honest I always prefer to get a decent tyre, but after reading the reviews it was hard not too at nearly half the price of Conti's! I find the tyre wall is a little softer, but thats fine as the roads around me are pretty **** so it softens it out a bit. It does annoy me everytime I see all the mixed tyres lol. Iv got to have a spare wheel before going too far I'd hate to have to go and get a spare tyre on just the foam in some jonny foreigner country lol!

Yeah Gromb its Worltey Hall I live in Hoyland so its only two mins from me aswell, I was just out for a random blast on my way back from cleaning it (took it to the workshop in killamarsh so I could clean it indoors). Iv never actually been down to Wortley Hall before even though I live so close lol! I must have driven past it a million times!

Thanks Chappo :smile:

Looks excellent, Whisper the OLD bit, it'll only break down on you! LOL! :smile:

Yeah she's fussy like that I wouldn't say it around the car, damn Renaults lol!

Thanks nick, to be honest I'm surprised about the positive comments, I thought the pic's didn't turn out too good lol

still as gorgeous as the day u bought it mate. stunning cars. deep black all the way :smile:

Looks very good Robo! Glad to see you keep on top of it, so many black cars get neglected, I don't mean on here but in general, they look awful covered in swirls and scratches!

They need plenty of attention but it is worth it!

Thanks guys!

I know what your saying about keeping on top of it 'f1team07' (dont know your name lol). Its a frigging nightmare, I thought my last blue cars got mucky quick, this is my first black car and its a complete BITCH to keep clean, and done get me started on the swirls! But when its all clean and it looks so glossy and deep theres nothing like it :smiley::smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions