Front Speaker Choice (mk3)

MARK200AE

Platinum Member
Hi.

Im want to upgrade my FRONT speakers, the OEM are not quite what I like. I've read through countless threads and am still at a loss.

Im looking for some suggestions .

I dont want to stuff around too much with cutting etc. I want to unhook the old the screw in the new and see how they go..

I have seen the Pioneer/Renault collab but i have heard they're not much better than OEM.

I have never replaced any speakers in previous cars so this will be the first, so if anyone can provide a guide to wires etc i would appreciate it immensely.

Thanks alot !

I have the pioneer direct fits in the fronts. Only changed as one speaker was busted. They are pretty good with the Cabasse. I do think the biggest change will come from changing the head unit.

I will be buying a second set to fit in the back.

Any other options I have to plug in ?

How do I use the connectors. I've read that you can can and splice the cables together and they will work ??

I'm really hopeless when it comes to speaker replacement

I have bought the JBL GT5 502 5.25"

I hooked them all up and clipped the speaker to fit... as soon as I was dropping it in the speaker seemed to not sink in ... as if the hole wasn't deep enough.. the OEM speaker is a little different in depth ....

so now I have to cut an extra piece out of the speaker cavity.

IMG_2093_zpsf6ea3e73.jpg

seen here with the scratches on it..

Is there a way to pull out the circle or do I have to squeeze fingers there to clip that half circle out ??

Any advice on what to do or tools >> ??
I thought these would drop right in...

From what i've read, there is no adaptors for the ClioIII.

I have got some advice from the australian forum about just trying to slice through with a stanley knife....

I've replaced the rears for now, and will purchase another set for the front ...

To be continued...