front gille inserts

Hi, Does anyone know how to change the black grille inserts on a 197 sport mine spoil the front as they have weathered and gone grey I've seen them for sale at £65 a pair but just wondered if anyone as ever changed them and how to remove,cheers guys

nice one buddy i'll be on that on Monday did you use any kind of tool to get them out or did you just pull out with fingers sorry mate I just don't want to break them cheers

muscles work and patience..they will pull out..dont worry..no need to remove ur front bumper..

give them a good clean and spray them..will look like new..i got a spray can from ebay but before that i just used one from a pound shop..will do the trick too..
before:
14072013946.gif
after:
03052014445.jpg
hope it helps..

it might seem like they wont pull out at first..stick ur fingers through the grills(have small hands) and try pulling out from ur preferd side..i usually do the bottom and carry on to the top ..they will pop out..might feel like they r going to break but trust me..they will come out..
easy job and u can spray them in no time..good luck

I've tried before but i was afraid I might break the clips , even undoing the bumper at the top and getting my Arm down but still I could pop them Oi

once u get them out the next time will be much easier..same here..didnt want to snap the plastic clips but once i applied a bit of a force,they popped out...no need to remove front bumper..

:clap:good job..wouldnt pay £60 for a pair of new ones..just saved yrself a little fortune that can be used for something else..

Last edited:
it might seem like they wont pull out at first..stick ur fingers through the grills(have small hands) and try pulling out from ur preferd side..i usually do the bottom and carry on to the top ..they will pop out..might feel like they r going to break but trust me..they will come out..
easy job and u can spray them in no time..good luck

Pav, u mean that - apart from the hood inserts - we can remove the big horizontal grille of the bumper?