front discs and pads

Are they good for general road use? Maybe an occasional track day ( very rare) also how long do you think it would take for me to bed in the brakes and would you go oem with both discs and pads or just discs?

Clio Cup Disc and Pads, Cheaper & better:

1 disc 7711160361
pad set : 7711162955

Don't know the UK price, but here near half the price of the OE!

Reading all this EBC slagging off is quite amusing, I used to run yellowstuff pads with group n discs on my 106 GTi back in the day and I'll admit that they were absolutely ****e!

However when it came to replacing the discs and pads on my 197 I went along to a good friend of mine who's a motorsport mechanic, he recommended I try the EBC yellowstuff pads with EBC grooved discs (I did originally want DS2500's with Brembo discs), after some persuasion (he runs them on his race car, so I thought it'd be good enough for a fast road/occasional track car) I reluctantly agreed. Hand on heart it was the best thing I'd ever done to the car, the braking power was immense and it actually hurt to brake hard! They took laps worth of abuse and stood up well to a massive hammering at Trax in hot weather and didn't fade one bit. The temperatures were so high that 15 minutes after the session the alloys were still too hot to touch!

Ok the 2 piece big brake kits might stop the car better, but they'll cost two or three times more. I've driven plenty of high performance cars and on track the Clio stopped as well as, if not better than an Audi R8 and a Gallardo Superleggera (the 2 best braking cars I've driven to date). I've just bought a new 200 and plan to fit the same combination of discs and pads on that ready for some more track action later in the year. As Roger said earlier, I too will also be more than happy to give a demonstration of the brakes if anyone is still in disbelief.

i have used the ebc redstuff pads....were really good - worked well from cold low dust and still worked when given some stick!

but for normal road use then standard brakes/pads etc are great as long as they are MAINTAINED.....

Same as Si, I hadnt had a problem with red stuff until the expert fitting centre hadn't done just that, they had been binding and became blackstuff before I had realised