Forum dictionary

MikeH

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Just a quick few, feel free to add more that annoy in their misuse on a forum, enjoy!!!!

brought v bought
If you have bought your car, you went to buy it. If you brought it to a meet, you may have decided to bring along a friend (not usually bought a friend first)

lose v loose
If you won a race, your opponent managed to lose. If your pants are loose they may fall down and expose something...

two v too v to
Most people have two lungs. If you have got more, you may find you have too many. You may want to go get checked out.

tire v tyre
A fairly obvious one you would think on a car forum. The black rubber thing round your alloy wheel that is in contact with the road is a tyre. It tires me when people dont know the difference in the basics above!!!

Brought is to Bring, Bought is to Buy.

Other one that annoy me...their, there and they're

Think they all start with Ll in Welsh Kev, and sound like someone clearing their throat as they speak :wink:

I know some Welsh

LLjhwerghsrghsrjkfghdrkghvbknbkbviikfhawklfhkfghsdklfvbndfklvhnklfhfhsklfhaldyhririwejhbvkabnkfajkfbafjkgfkhklfbhkvnkghkfgegk.

I think I will speak to the four languages I know lol!

tire v tyre
A fairly obvious one you would think on a car forum. The black rubber thing round your alloy wheel that is in contact with the road is a tyre. It tires me when people dont know the difference in the basics above!!!

Not quite correct I'm afraid. Tire is the original spelling of the word tyre and is still used in USA.

Not quite correct I'm afraid. Tire is the original spelling of the word tyre and is still used in USA.

Anything butchered by the yanks or still used by them doesn't count!!

They still can't spell colour.....

Amazing thread... Kills me a bit inside each time.

you, yours and you're
could've not could of

The picture below is what I have up at work to remind my lot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 10