Formula 1 2011 Season

So now that testing has begun, and that the cars are being unveiled it's time to start looking forward to the new season! In 34 days 7 Hours and 37 minutes (not that I'm counting down or anything) the 2011 FIA Formula 1 Season will get underway at Bahrain's International Circuit in Sakhir, which will this year revert back to the old layout.

Once again whilst everyone else will be testing their new cars out before they arrive, Hispania will be hoping for the best when the race weekend gets started - possibly not the best idea but when you've only got one driver I guess you have to prioritise!

Here is (as it stands) the teams and their drivers for this season...

Red Bull - Sebastian Vettel & Mark Webber
McLaren - Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button
Ferrari - Felipe Massa & Fernando Alonso
Mercedes GP - Nico Rosberg & Michael Schumaker
Renault - Robert Kubica & Vitaly Petrov
Williams - Rubens Barrichello & Pastor Maldonado
Force India - Adrian Sutil & Paul di Resta
Sauber - Kamui Kobayashi & Sergio Perez
Torro Rosso - Sebastian Buemi & Jaime Alguersuari
Lotus F1 - Jarno Trulli & Heiki Kovalainen
Virgin Racing - Timo Glock & Jerome d'Ambrosio
Hispania - Narain Karthikeyan & ???

So with some new drivers, new rules (adjustable rear wings, the return of KERS, F-duct ban & shortened shark fins), new tyres and lots of improved design aspects it should be another unforgettable season....

What are your expectations?

Looks like Renault will be Senna & Petrov now... Let's see what young Bruno is made of. :smile:

Cant wait to see what Di Resta is capable of. Hopefully he can make the Force India perform.

My colleague at work is 2nd cousin to both Paul Di Resta and Dario Franchitti. Why he doesnt speak to them constantly and get a job with them i will never know. I would love to be related to that pair. :worried:

I really hope di Resta has a good season, it will be nice to see a Scot back on the grid, I'm sure DC will be bias with his commentary this season!!!

I never realised it was in HD this year Jaxx, thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Who do you think will take the empty seat at Hispania? Chandhok has signed up to be Team Lotus' test driver, Senna is Renault's third driver and Yamamoto seems to have dropped off of the face of the planet (according to the official F1 website he is still registered as their test driver though) :s

Chandhok has signed up to be Team Lotus

I really liked listening to him on the radio 5 web broadcasts last year. It's a shame he'll muss the first Indian GP. Wish he had a proper car to see how well he does!

Oh. Thank god for that the Bahrain circuit is back to normal. That was terrible last year!

Really looking forward to the start of the season as always be nice to see a Brit or 2 at the top of things shame about Kubica was looking forward to seeing what he'd do this year.

Hopefully will be going to see the race at Monza this year after taking in Spa, Nurburg and Monaco in over the last 3 years :smiley:

Really looking forward to the start of the season as always be nice to see a Brit or 2 at the top of things shame about Kubica was looking forward to seeing what he'd do this year.

Hopefully will be going to see the race at Monza this year after taking in Spa, Nurburg and Monaco in over the last 3 years :smiley:

Jealous, I love Monza but will have to start making my way around the calendar, can't imagine a greater reason to travel around than to see some fast cars!

Renault would be silly to go with Senna IMO not good enough and inexperienced. Heidfeld would be a better better, still can't believe what happened to Kubica, he made a right mess of himself and the car

Really looking forward to a great year

Renault need someone with experience to bring the new car on, if it was half way through the season and the car was already refined it would be a different story :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions