Flushing Break Fluid - Tools Required

Hi Chaps

I'm planning on doing a brake fluid change with the Motul RBF 660 next weekend. I'm breaking out my old ezibleed system again, but was wondering the best spanner size for the bleed nipples? As far as I can tell 11mm front should do it. Same for the rears? Also, will need to go to the scrap yard and pick up an old wheel and tyre as we don't have spares, to use as something that'll hold a steady 20 psi - May nick a mates spare actually, unless anyone has any better ideas as to what you've used with an eszibleed? Cheers.

Last edited:
You have to remove at least one wheel for each calliper you bleed right? Providing you have a pump to pump them back up that'll save messing with a spare/borrowing.

If I was bleeding my brakes i'd have all wheels off and the car on stands anyway, and then just use one of those wheels.

My Ezibleeders got quite a long hose on it so I just left the wheel on the floor when I did it on my last car

Yes, all the ezibleeds i've used in recent years had a long enough hose to reach the floor, you should just use one of your cars wheels with the pressure dropped.