Fluid on undertray

Was changing the gearbox oil on My car yesterday when I took the undertray off there was a slight wet patch there
sump was bone try and around the plug for the gearbox was dry I can't seem to find any leak form back of the engine either where the patch was there was abit on the join where the gearbox and engine come together any advice or do most 197/200 have this ? Thanks terry

may get some oil weep from the rear main oil seal on the crank behind the flywheel...unless its dripping I wouldn't worry too much

Thanks for the reply guys it basically was running across the seal between the box and the engine but I think this is dude to then open area on the tray it's just attracted grease dirt etc there because it's open to the elements I to the cover off tonight was all the crap off and I was left with this 5585A101-7870-4809-950F-416D3EB03415_zpsuejlmqm8.jpg I think it's ok tbh because I ran the car after for a good 30 minutes and it stayed the same oil on the back or front of the engine sump gasket is ok to and there nothing on the top either and that side of the engine there isn't any there I velive could leak only thing I can think of was when I bought my car last year they said 3rd gear had been replaced so I'm thinking they dropped the gearbox oil there was some left on the frame and it's just spread due to the dirt and stuff it's exposed to what do you guys think ps I won't put the tray back on till Sunday so that will give it enough to show if it's leaking or not as i do about 3/400 miles a week

Ok this was the site after having a look tonight I left the tray off for the day so i could keep a eye on it this is how it looked 067F7098-340A-42E6-861A-1B4DCFE09BC6_zpsqogumx1n.jpg it seems to be coming from the seal along there is there anything oil related in that area I thought that part of the box housed the clutch flywheel etc

It will be the crank oil seal I spect, mine leaks a little I think. I don't intend on fixing it any time soon

Last edited:
It will be the crank oil seal I spect, mine leaks a little I think. I don't intent on fixing it any time soon
Thanks when I wiped it off earlier it did smell a bit like gearbox oil I'm hoping it was as I changed the box oil at the weekend hope it's residue from that even tho I cleaned it off hope it's not not the crank oil seal don't think that will be cheap :worried: