Fitting a ktec cat back

Hi, recently purchased a ktec cat back and I'm wanting it fitted today or tomorrow. Hoping to take it to my local tyre/exhaust centre... From what I can see from here is I'll have to take the diffuser off and then cut the pipe between the back box and first centre section?
Should it be straight forward for them from here?

Diffuser off first and then...

A) Chop exhaust near rear beam to get it off...

Or

B) Undo bottom shock bolts and remove exhaust in one piece.

Both take about the same amount of time to be honest. The K-Tec should go on nice and easily, just make sure they push the rear section far enough onto the centre section to ensure that the tailpipes line up nice and flush in the diffuser again. If its not pushed together enough then they'll poke out and look like wheelbarrow handles...

Last edited:
will also need cutting between the cat and a middle section, unless decatting

All fitted guys! Had to talk them through near enough everything. But they charged me 30 quid so not going to complain.
Sounds lovely

That's not a bad price at all mate.

Which system is it, twin rear box or single?

Yeah it used to be Magnex as far as I know, which is what mine is, it's identical to one of the Group N systems but I forget the name now... Make sure you check out The Definitive Exhaust Thread and add yourself to the Poll and add a review of the system once you've had a few days for it to settle.

They do sound ace don't they? :smile:

Yeah was quite a few ppl in the garage and when I first started it I let out a phwoar! Lol And yeah added my name to the poll. Will do a review and put one on the ktec website too!
How long you had yours?

It's been on about a year now, I think it was June or July last year. It was used but hadn't covered many miles and looked like new. The sound changed over the space of a few months with some milealge on it, just right now I think; nice and purposeful withiut being OTT. Pops and bangs nicely too!

There's a couple of videos in my Project Thread or search FLDWILLIS on You Tube and it'll bring them up... I'd link them but I'm on the iPhone at moment.

If I fit a KTec catback from a 200 to my 197 will the tailpipes stick out further than the diffuser? (in a way like my tips do now)

right ok, so will it look weird do you think without the extensions?

regarding your pm Noddie - just give me 30 mins to have a think and check the finances