200: first service due soon

I paid around £150 for my first service,think you get oil and filter change and a cotton air filter.or and they will wash your motor to if you want.

It'd kill me spending that on an oil change!

£30 quids worth of gear.. £220 of labour for something that takes about 10 minutes (plus drain time)

It doesn't need to be done at a Renault dealer to maintain the warranty. An indy can do it as long as they are VAT registered and use approved parts (I think this all they need).

Don't worry about your warranty. I run an independent garage and we've been servicing cars from new since the block exemption laws came in. We always use genuine parts while cars are under warranty although strictly speaking you don't have to, they just need to be of equivalent quality. We've serviced plenty of cars that have been back for warranty work and it's never been an issue. I wouldn't say they like it and BMW have made us send all sorts proving the quality of the oil and service was done correctly before now, but at the end of the day the law is black and white. The vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers schedule using parts of the same quality. Just make sure you get a vat receipt and that they have the diagnostic equipment to check and clear any fault codes. Then laugh your way home having saved about £100 :smile:

your not far from BTM in Birmingham so get it over to Fred, your looking at £140 for a 12K service, could be cheaper due to not requiring the air filter

Don't worry about your warranty. I run an independent garage and we've been servicing cars from new since the block exemption laws came in. We always use genuine parts while cars are under warranty although strictly speaking you don't have to, they just need to be of equivalent quality. We've serviced plenty of cars that have been back for warranty work and it's never been an issue. I wouldn't say they like it and BMW have made us send all sorts proving the quality of the oil and service was done correctly before now, but at the end of the day the law is black and white. The vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers schedule using parts of the same quality. Just make sure you get a vat receipt and that they have the diagnostic equipment to check and clear any fault codes. Then laugh your way home having saved about £100 :smile:

at last someone to back me up on the parts issue!!!!

been plenty on here and rs forum saying "genuine" parts must be used - but the block exemption regs dont mention it :hug:

That's true I've got it in writing at work. Vehicle manufacturers don't make their own parts anyway !! We've had spurious parts before where you can see the badge has been scrubbed out.

2nd service just done on mine at a Renault dealer for £155. Renault have an offer on at the mo. Interim service £125 and £155 for Service. Phone dealer and ask if the Renaultsport is included as RUK booked mine at £180 and I confirmed over the phone with local dealer for £155 the previous day.

That's true I've got it in writing at work. Vehicle manufacturers don't make their own parts anyway !! We've had spurious parts before where you can see the badge has been scrubbed out.

true - i/we never fitted genuine filters or oils on the vehicles i used to work on...never stopped warranty claims on ford vauxhall daf iveco merc man erf ldv fiat :bat:

Just had this through the post:1B615077-3ACD-4643-83EA-22FA8ED18784-613-000000BAC0AA24EC.jpg

Best bet is to go through an independent as they at least know what they are doing. I had my first service on my last 200 done by Rentech in pompy for £175 and the second done at Ktec for £100.