first M.O.T fail

hi peeps iam a bit peed off at the mo me 200 has failed its first m.o.t !!!!!!!!!! on brakes rear caliper seized and front been quoted £160 for stripping down the front and £60 for the rear same stripping and cleaning !!! renault just rang to say it needs new rear pads at a price of £130 !!!!!!!!!!! is this a rip off ??? and discs all total of £470 !!!! i told them no thanks !!!!! just put pads in why do dealers always try and rip you off !!!!!!!!!

The way of the world unfortunately. It shouldn't cost that much though. Rear pads maybe £50, then a could of hours labour to strip and clean the calipers etc.

I'll say this before Foxspeed comes along - The front calipers need an annual strip and clean (at least) to keep them in optimal condition.

Last edited:
If your mechanically minded, you could strip them down and clean them yourself?

The way of the world unfortunately. It shouldn't cost that much though. Rear pads maybe £50, then a could of hours labour to strip and clean the calipers etc.

I'll say this before Foxspeed comes along - The front calipers need an annual strip and clean (at least) to keep them in optimal condition.

rears as well at the same time!