Final drive ratio

Louis1990

Paid Member
Hi. I'm trying to get better acceleration from my 197 and am toying with the idea that the final drive ratio might be the way to go without spending a fortune on the gearbox, any recommendations doing this or anything else that would help or reasons not to do this?

Reactions: Beany
Believe it’s a scenic petrol 2.0 final drive you need..

failing sourcing one of those pure motorsport sell a 5.1 final drive

Which one is the 'smallest ratio'? I really don't mind about sacrificing top speed, noone needs to do 135! I just want the most acceleration but it's a bit confusing

I have a Final Drive from a TL4 021 in my car. There's a noticeable difference in acceleration and pick up out of corners. As always with an N/A car, you'll still need to be switched on and pick your gears etc as there's not a whole lot of trouble to pull you put of trouble. But this mod will definitely make the car much more urgent.

Which one is the 'smallest ratio'? I really don't mind about sacrificing top speed, noone needs to do 135! I just want the most acceleration but it's a bit confusing
I believe they all have the same final ratio

That's even more confusing what's the difference between them then? Sorry for keep asking, I just don't want to have to buy a few before I get what I'm looking for

I have a Final Drive from a TL4 021 in my car. There's a noticeable difference in acceleration and pick up out of corners. As always with an N/A car, you'll still need to be switched on andpick your gears etc as there's not a whole lot of trouble to pull you put of trouble . But this mod will definitely make the car much more urgent.
Ahh Brill. Thanks for that, it's really helpful. I don't know if there were a few typos (and pick your gears etc as there's not a whole lot of trouble to pull you put of trouble ) I don't know what that means. I am in bed with covid so maybe my brain isn't working to well at the minute!

Ahh Brill. Thanks for that, it's really helpful. I don't know if there were a few typos (and pick your gears etc as there's not a whole lot of trouble to pull you put of trouble ) I don't know what that means. I am in bed with covid so maybe my brain isn't working to well at the minute!
What I meant is on track (or on the road), you'll want to be in the right gear at the right time (stating the obvious, sorry) as you don't have bags of power in these cars.