FAO people with H&R springs...

OK so Sean Cassidy from Jade Developments (Clio Cup/Michelin Cup) has fitted my springs today and he said the H&R ones dont have plastic on the front springs like the standard ones do. And that when you hit a bump/pothole the metal on metal makes a noise.

Does this happen on your cars? Is it normal and goes away when bedded in? Cheers.

Can't say I notice. But then again, I do my best to avoid potholes.

But generally they've been quiet from day one.

Im pretty sure u fit the plastic from standard on the new springs.

Well it's too late now, it will have to do without lol

Seems to have subsided a bit. Just left with some scrubbing at the front now due to 25mm spacers and 225/45 tyres!

Should put plastic part off the standard springs on... Would thought be preety obvious !! Like a professional outfit like that wouldn't know this.

The rear ones already come with the plastic on though. If the front needed the plastic they would have done the same!

The rear ones already come with the plastic on though. If the front needed the plastic they would have done the same!

Why ask then if it's ok that they should make noise with mental on mental if sure they fitted correctly? :001_unsure:

They should put rubber part off the standard spring on

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't mean it too sound that way.

Seems to be ok now, just got to sort the slight scrubbing out, probably switching back to 215/45's will sort it you think?

Yea 25mm all round. It's low and very fat. Didn't take any pics yet though cause the car is filthy. Want to clean it first. Only scrubs on bumps etc.

In that case you shouldn't worry at all mate, this is not a problem.

H&Rs don't come with that rubber and you couldn't have used the old one anyway because the thickness of the springs are different. The cup springs are twice as thick as the H&Rs...

Eibach springs come with their own rubber to avoid any unwanted noise but not the H&Rs. I had them fitted for around 2 months and I didn't have any noises whatsoever so not to worry.

Regarding the scrubbing issue, my advice is stick to 215s and you shouldn't have a problem. And I say shouldn't because I haven't personally tried 25mm spacers but from what I've read nobody has ever reported such an issue with this setup.

Enjoy your new setup mate:smile:

Sweet, cheers mate. I'm pretty sure it's only scrubbing due to the combination of the springs spacers and 225's, so I'll get some 215's again as these are dead anyway :smile:

you will probably find its catching on the corner of the bumper where it meets the arch, this is where it did it on mine with a lower offset wheels

yep thats exactly where it is Ryan. mainly on the drivers side too as the bumper isn't molded as well that side. There's also a little bit of plastic that sticks out from the bumper under the arch that is close.
This morning on the drive to work it seems to have got a bit better, think maybe it might have melted some of the plastic away lol

Also... I have found with the spacers on it oversteers a bit, not enough to be a problem though and can actually be a bit of fun.

Just like to point out here that Yiannis was right, you don't put the old plastic on the H&R's and were fitted correctly, they've been on for 6months now and perfectly settled with no noises or problems :smile:

i think mine were transfered over, the plastic covers are coiled around the coil of the spring so shouldnt matter about the thickness, but tbf i dont know what they were on for in the first place.