F1 Renault take full responsibility in Crashgate

bloody hell! i cant believe they have jumped ship and won't stick around to face the concequences of their actions! i dont half feel sorry for Piquet seems like he was hung out to dry!

Last edited:
Seems now it was very stupid to sack Piquet... Why not let him drive around for 5 races and then say goodbye without any problems...

Furthermore... Yesterday the FIA anounced that Lotus will be on the grid next year and that Sauber (BMW) is first on the spare list. An hour afterworths came the news that BMW has sold their team to an investmentgroup.

No investmentgroup would buy a F1-team without the insurance that the'll be on the grid next year. So I think the Fia has made up their minds already: Renault will be banned from the sport for at least one year, so the newly sold Sauberteam can race...

Speculations...

"The Renault Formula One team issued the following press release on Wednesday:

The ING Renault F1 Team will not dispute the recent allegations made by the FIA concerning the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

It also wishes to state that its managing director, Flavio Briatore and its executive director of engineering, Pat Symonds, have left the team.

Before attending the hearing before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on 21 September 2009, the team will not make any further comment"

just shows you - wonder what evidence there is - must be pretty damming......

for Renault to just turn round and say that there must be evidence thats clearly points to their guilt. The interview between Symonds and the FIA made for interesting reading.

I do feel a bit sorry for Piquet though, his racing career is probably over now.

for Renault to just turn round and say that there must be evidence thats clearly points to their guilt. The interview between Symonds and the FIA made for interesting reading.

I do feel a bit sorry for Piquet though, his racing career is probably over now.

Im surprised Briatore has gone he always came across as such an arrogant git, i could see him denying it all the way to the courthouse!

I cant see many people willing to hire Piquet but i would hope his career isn't over, afterall he was following team orders, its not like it was something he engineered.

Mind you its not like Piquet had any problem with crashing by himself...

The investment group that have purchased BMW also purchased Notts County FC