Extended/long boot mat options

Frank Perry

Platinum Member
Hi Chaps,

Just removed rear seats & fitted some Corsa VXR Recaro front seats... Looking for an extended rear boot mat to make it look a little tidier and can only see to 'off-the-shelf' options...

THIS ebay option at £74.95 (free shipping)- does anybody have any experience with these? Are they any good? Do they fit properly etc?
or
THIS K-Tec option at £97.20 (inclu shipping) - These have great reviews but if the ebay carpet above is just as good, I'd prefer the plain look (not a fan of the k-tec logo)...

Any advice/other options considered.

Thanks!

Cheap Amazon acoustic carpet can do the job, although I am looking to redo with some proper carpet to match the front soon, might even see if my local trimmer will do a few to make it cheaper / more professional.

A516A553-E0C1-40D9-B7A7-B98063EB909A.jpeg

Timely question, as I have just bought and fitted one of these Ebay boot mats today.

THIS ebay option at £74.95 (free shipping)- does anybody have any experience with these? Are they any good? Do they fit properly etc?
or

Delivery was stated as 20th August but it landed today. This is the 'luxury' version.
Quality is good, looks like it should be hard-wearing. Edging also seems tough and the mat has a rubberised non-slip backing.
Fit in the boot is good, just a few mm shy but overlaps the side carpet so no issue.

20210807_150428.jpg

Fit in the seat area is a bit slimmer, so some metal showing. I don't know if this is common with the K-Tec, but I'm not overly fussed, as I will likely be soundproofing this area anyway.

20210807_161658.jpg

20210807_150422.jpg

Yes there's a bolt missing from the cage. Reasons.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Thanks guys. I appreciate the insight on this.
Is it fairly straight forward to remove the isofix bar?

how is the eBay unit wearing too?

Thanks guys. I appreciate the insight on this.
Is it fairly straight forward to remove the isofix bar?

how is the eBay unit wearing too?

I think maybe four TX25 or TX30 bolts hold it down as I remember. No drama at all to get it out.
Carpet is as good as new, though to be fair it hasn't had any real abuse.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Sound proofing worth doing? Had it in a few cars in the past and can't say its made any difference but if it knocks some drone out then I might have another go.

It's hard for me to quantify @S24nrc as I soon after changed out the standard manifold and decat for a Toyosport style manifold, Scorpion sports cat and the necessary stiffer engine mounts. This has made the car VERY LOUD in comparison to how it was.

However at around 60 quid on Amazon for enough Noico 80mil to do the boot floor twice over, it's worth a pop...