Expensive induction set-up

Id much rather see the cone filter encased in a box of some sort, rather than being stuff down the back of the battery box...

cant see how they are gunna get 208 HP with what they are putting in though lol

I think it looks like one of the better options. Like foxspeed said when you convert it it's £730 for what your getting. Bearing in mind you can always sell it on when you sell the car.

Id much rather see the cone filter encased in a box of some sort, rather than being stuff down the back of the battery box...

It's in a box in a way, its got a heat sheild to teh left, the battery in front and the when the bonnet closes it's enclosed.

cant see how they are gunna get 208 HP with what they are putting in though lol

It's not, the RR graph doesnt show that.

Last edited:
Lol no Mark I was talkin about the 208 or 220 engine upgrade at the boron not just the induction

Seems very expensive to me! Not especially sporting, but would probably be cheap enough for someone else to copy.

Haven't there been various problems with inductions kits leading to poor running?

Personally I would prefer to stick £730 in my "next car" fund, but I got very bored of "modding for the next 0.5HP" with my last car.

That's a bit too pricey then. Yeah ure right ralphy u have to spend 1k plus to get any decent gains with most n/a car. Best gains on 197 is cams, exhaust and remap. Would u agree?

In my experience of other NA stuff, cams definately improve things, often at the expense of lower down in the rev range, and a remap to make the most of the cams clearly makes sense.

I am cynical of the benefits of changing the exhaust though, from what I can gather the mani is already a very good design, the cats aren't especially restrictive, and as for the cat back system, there are seldom any significant gains to be achieved, just more noise, and typically extra longevity from a s/s system.

Granted, I have not tried these mods on a 197, but based on the Puma the only real way to improve things is remove the restrictive mani & close coupled cat (which is already done on the Clio), cams, remap, and an improved inlet manifold and plenum. The inlet design on the Clio is interesting, however I would suggest that positioning the plenum directly over the head isn't a great idea as heat soak becomes a problem. If you look at the Cosworth and Ford Racing inlets for the Fiesta ST and Racing Puma respectively both have a significant plenum at the front of the engine, which keeps it much cooler.

Problem is no matter how cool you get the air, the position of the plenum is inevitably going to lead to significant heat transfer.

To give you an idea of the benefit of a front mounted plenum, even after a good thrash, it wasn't hot to the touch.

Removing the Aux air inlet ( which this kit eliminates ) and unplugging it will throw a remapped ECU crazy and will start running too lean at a big power loss after a few hundred miles. Learn from Kevos Developments.