exhaust

exhaust has just blown at cat :swear:182 done the same anyone else have this problem ordered a scorpion and decat pipe see if this is better and covers more than 42k lol

Not heard of it being a common problem. Exhausts are one of those things I think, just hit and miss how long they last.

blew manifold origanal welds must of gave up burnt some of my engine bay waiting on new 1 so might not have car back on the rd till after new year caus this snows not happy

scorpion has good name with the bikes thats why i went wi them also thinking bout putting the full system on my r1 aswell.Ben dont do short journeys do 30mile 2 wrk an bck 60m a day dont use car in summer caus on the r1 182 exhaust went clio1.4 i had exhaust went now my 197 not scorpion thats crap its renault exhaust systems lol renault want bout £700 for the job after i supply the manifold caus sub frame needs dropped suspension dropped and engine lowered so not 2 happy

think r32pete could b right this -18 -9 through the day is not helping cant evan use handbrake when i park up or spend bout 40min under car trying 2 get it off bloody weather

did you get this sorted?

what sort of gains does a de cat pipe get you if any?

the renault mechanic told me the exhausts are a common weak point on the 197 especially the manifold. he said it was 7 hours labour to change too as its a subframe out job!

not sorted yet just had manifold delivered moved car from renault 2 a boy i found in stirling who is going in to renaultsport tuning worked 4 renault 4 11yr.(SWR 01786 849 489)remaps,repairs,diagnostics just started 4month ago but got a very good name.

scorpion has good name with the bikes thats why i went wi them also thinking bout putting the full system on my r1 aswell.Ben dont do short journeys do 30mile 2 wrk an bck 60m a day dont use car in summer caus on the r1 182 exhaust went clio1.4 i had exhaust went now my 197 not scorpion thats crap its renault exhaust systems lol renault want bout £700 for the job after i supply the manifold caus sub frame needs dropped suspension dropped and engine lowered so not 2 happy

Feel sorry for u mate. Sounds like a very costly job. Have u tried smaller independent garages nearby that can give u a much cheaper quote for job to be done include parts and labour?

It sometimes pays to look around rather than just go with the dealers quote as they just rip u off mate.

should get the car back this week shall let u know what i think.getting prices of the boy for cams and remap aswell but will c might just remap her in summer when iv got the bike on the road