Exhaust too loud - easiest way to quieten?

So it's got a non resonated scorpion system with decat.

It's stupidly loud and I'm regretting it already.

Will taking the decat off make it any quieter ?

Could I put the standard centre silencer in place of the 'non resonated' pipe?

Last edited:
Depends how quiet you want it. Start with the cat and see how it goes.

Bear in mind though that the Scorpion non res center section is a bigger diameter pipe than the oem one.

So will it not fit ?

Do you sell the scorpion centre silencer at cazan ? How much is it ?

How much quieter will it be without the decat or both ? I don't really want it loud inside.

Last edited:
Thought it was a good idea at the time. Didn't think it would be a constant drone :worried:

haha, try it without the pre-cat too then! Spent 4hrs in the car today going to a meeting and back... luckily I love it!! Shame it's all show and no go right now with my compression so down :worried:

I've just got my license back and I can't even enjoy driving because it's so annoying !

The drive to work only takes 15 mins as well haha

Does anyone have a chart of Db figures of exhaust with each exhaust section changed ?

Obviously they'd vary between brands but still thought someone might have made one at some point

Last edited:
Supersprint told me the standard system was about 78db, their non racing version was 85db and they didnt have figures for the racing. However I was measured at 93db static test at bedford - that was standard manifold and pre-cat, standard cat, supersprint racing centre (non-resontated), supersrpint racing back box.
Decats usually increase by 2-3db on a car like ours (think that's what Scorpion quote), so I would expect your current setup to be about 92-95db - based on the above.

Easiest thing to do would be put the cat back in and see, then swap the centre if still too loud - might find someone on here to do a swap?

TDF is just rebadged Scorpion isn't it? Made by Scorpion at the very least I have read.

Race (decat and non-resonated):
(http://www.tour-de-force.co.uk/tdfexhausts/race.html)
"It features a light weight unsilenced centre section and a main catalyst delete for maximum flow capacity and creates 96.3db @ 3/4 max rpm of exhaust noise."

Comments about decat/sports cat:
"The de cat provides customers with an option to remove the main catalyst completely for weight reduction and flow capacity improvement and raises the emitted exhaust noise by around 2db @ 3/4 Max RPM"

The Road system (with standard cat, resonated centre)
(http://www.tour-de-force.co.uk/tdfexhausts/road.html)
"It features a centre silencer to reduce exhaust noise and with the standard main cat fitted is emissions compliant as per the standard car with an exhaust noise reading of 89db @ 3/4 max rpm."

Even if the TDF is tweaked, it shows the compartive saving's you'll likley achieve from what items.