Exhaust Tips Sound

I've just installed the usual Exhaust tips from eBay.. And there seems to be a noticeable noise difference in what sounds like the exhaust tone at low rpm. I can only describe as Deeper burble? Anyone else had this?

Last edited:
that must be placebo efect mate..the tips wont make any diff to the overall sound...might be loose i guess...

the sound is mainly created in ur cat back i believe so a few cm of a straight pipe wont make any diff...

If I can get it on video I will.. I s#it you not, there is a difference in tone around 1000-2500rpm under load!
there pushed in to close the gap on the original slash exhaust and secured tight with two clamps on both sides.
im gunna check on the weekend to see if the clamps are touching anything underneath!

Last edited:
they might..happened to me..one of the clamp was touching the frame...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking only had a little spare time today so put them on without taking the diffuser off, I guess ill strip it down on the weekend and check.

Yeah we've gathered that!
seems the clamp must be touching the body, resonating through the cabin.. Sounds like a deeper tone though..