Exhaust sleeve size

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Does anyone know the exterior size of the std 197 exhaust please?

My exhaust is blowing at the joint between the end of the manifold and the rest of the system. I've had it undone and resealed but this hasn't worked (lasted a day or so)

It ideally needs a new clamp, but i'm thining of just cutting the flanges off and sleeving it, but need to know what size sleeve to buy!

Any ideas guys?

Chris

Come on guys! What is the outer diameter of the 197 std exhaust, I can't be arsed to get under it with the verier to check!

I'm going to guess at 2.5" but is that size the internal or external measurement?

60mm external.....

thats measured on the pipe coming out of the centre silencer

to do the job right you need to measure the pipe yourself to make sure its correct for the section that you need repair!

Nice one - Cheers.

So does the bore size cange along the length then? I would have expected it to be the same all the way along?

Nice one - Cheers.

So does the bore size cange along the length then? I would have expected it to be the same all the way along?

not sure it could be smaller or bigger near to the cats - thats why i said best double check - exhausts can and do change in diameter on some cars so just make sure before you commit to any expence