Exhaust rattleing

Had my ktec exhaust fitted on my 200 for about 6month and is driving me insane
I cant get the tips from rattleing in the collectors and have tryed about 6-7 tyms to rectify it by moving the exhaust on the mounts ect tryed everything but once it has warmed up it rattles again.
Has any1 had the same problem and managed to sort it as i am very tempted to refit the standard system if it persists

Yep. Get a milltek!!!

Lol. Same thing happens with those. I had the first 200 system fitted at the Milltek workshops and it never sat right. Vibrated on and off like mad and drove me insane. Took many attempts and many months to get it sitting right, had to adjust the position of the metal hangers.

If its fitted right it doesnt ive had mine 8 month now and no vibration or problems what so ever. What was it vibrating on?

Initially I thought it was coming into contact with heat shield so we modded that a little and it came back. Took the 200 diffuser funnels off and it still happened. It looked as though it was coming into contact with the bolt head that holds the exhaust bracket carrier to the car. Once the arms on the exhaust were moved it was fine but it took many attempts.

This appears to happen on many different aftermarket exhausts on the Clio.

had my ktec 200 fitted onto my 197 and everything is just fine until i have to carry passengers..1 passenger is fine but as soon as there are 3 of us in the car there is a rattle somewhere..still cant figure out what it makes..annoying but the fact is that i dont really carry passengers often so sod it :coffee:
will look into it next year when the weather gets a bit warmer...
hope u manage to sort urs out anyway..

I had this in my scorpion system, rattling on the heat shields! I just cut the tips down a bit and it's sorted it

It was rattling on the left funnel when pulling away so slackened all the joints and twisted or so i thought until i drove around the block and relised it was touching the back axcle,so diffuser off again twisted again put a couple of jubilee clips on the hangers and pulled the exhaust inline thought all was well but now its touching the right funnel at arround 3k revs . Honest i cant believe how stupid the design or shud i say the fit of these exhausts

had my ktec 200 fitted onto my 197 and everything is just fine until i have to carry passengers..1 passenger is fine but as soon as there are 3 of us in the car there is a rattle somewhere..still cant figure out what it makes..annoying but the fact is that i dont really carry passengers often so sod it :coffee:
will look into it next year when the weather gets a bit warmer...
hope u manage to sort urs out anyway..

It seems to be the funnels in the 200 diffuser tht seem to be the problem so you shud be alright on your 197 and chances are tht yours might be touching the bck axcle with the extra weight in

It seems to be the funnels in the 200 diffuser tht seem to be the problem so you shud be alright on your 197 and chances are tht yours might be touching the bck axcle with the extra weight in
it might be it but its a ballache to fix so thats why im just leaving it for now...its like askin at least 2 of my mates to get in the car-drive around-make amendments and do it all again till its actually fixed...
i'll get it sorted..persistence as Chris said :jedi:

Initially I thought it was coming into contact with heat shield so we modded that a little and it came back. Took the 200 diffuser funnels off and it still happened. It looked as though it was coming into contact with the bolt head that holds the exhaust bracket carrier to the car. Once the arms on the exhaust were moved it was fine but it took many attempts.

This appears to happen on many different aftermarket exhausts on the Clio.

Did you have any isues when the funnles where removed ,what did it look lyk ect as i might just take them off

Did you have any isues when the funnles where removed ,what did it look lyk ect as i might just take them off

didn't leave them off long enough to be honest but I reckon I would have had issues with the diffuser melting as that's what they are to protect against.