Exhaust question

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Exhaust question (now fitted)

Im hopefully gonna be getting an exhaust for my birthday im just wondering after hearing all the stories of the flat spots, is this just with the de cat or just the back box? All im going for is the back box. Im gonna with powerflow in aylesbury because they are really well built and have excellent aftercare and are not far from me. K-tec are to far away and with fuel and fitting price is a good deal more money.

Just wondering if it will lose anything in terms of performance? I had a 1.4 16v with one on which benefited from it, but the 197 system sounds like a pain lol.

Any advice would be great.

Mike

Last edited:
Well thanks for the advice lol!!:tongueout:

Its booked in for monday, all in for a max of £360 quid all in! Which is nearly half that of k-tec! Ill let you all know how good it is on monday! It will look the same as standard (tips) but more polished, well excited!!:thumbup:

dont know of anyone that has had just a back box changed.

ive got full miltek with decat and the flat spot isnt that bad tbh.

anything has got to be better than the standard rear box as it weighs a ton to start with.

i have a k-tec cat back system - not really got a bad flat spot at 2500rpm - its more like theres more torque available above 2500rpm :wink:

Got the exhaust today, there was a cancellation so the guy i know down there said i could get it done today.

It sounds amazing! Really sporty, its not very loud when pottering about but when you gun it, it well sounds awsome! Only opened it up a few times due to the weather which is a bit gash lol!

Feels much grunty at low revs and feels so much more loose through out the rev range, really pings, and no flat spots!! For £360 all in i couldn't be happier seeing as k-tec's is nearly twice the price with fitting.

Ill post pics later, it basically looks like a 200 from the rear now, really smartened it up.

Anyone looking for an alternative, powerflow in aylesbury is the one to go for!!:thumbup1:

Got the exhaust today, there was a cancellation so the guy i know down there said i could get it done today.

It sounds amazing! Really sporty, its not very loud when pottering about but when you gun it, it well sounds awsome! Only opened it up a few times due to the weather which is a bit gash lol!

Feels much grunty at low revs and feels so much more loose through out the rev range, really pings, and no flat spots!! For £360 all in i couldn't be happier seeing as k-tec's is nearly twice the price with fitting.

Ill post pics later, it basically looks like a 200 from the rear now, really smartened it up.

Anyone looking for an alternative, powerflow in aylesbury is the one to go for!!:thumbup1:

Hi, MikeLYR27 did You have a remap before??
Or are you going to have your car remaped after powerflow installed ?
Did You notice any drop in power ?

No the only mod i did before the exhaust was an itg filter. Nothing else on the car has been modified.

I will remap at later in the year near the summer.

No loss in power at all, it feels stronger and pings through the revs nicely now, feels a little more torquey as well.

Hope that helps :thumbup1:

They could just have the pipes coming out and slashing them yeah, i was originally gonna do that. the pipes looked a bit thin but if they were slashed then they prob would of looked like the standard one. Prob worth just speaking to them if your interested. I think the tips look more attractive in the flesh, they dont hang out that much, think it really compliments it.

Hope that helps!

Managed to find a few main roads that were just wet to open it up on today, it does sound awsome. Ill get vids up when the weather clears a bit and i can get a mate to help me.