Exhaust Manifolds from ebay

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
There's been a few discussions on the facebook group about the manifold for the 197/200 and a couple with failed flexi's that have replace the whole thing with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec6383ea1

Just wanted to see if anyone active on here has fitted one and the results they had. Main reason being is the company that supplies them don't have a sterling reputation going off Google results but those who've fitted them don't seem to have had any issues beyond needing a remap as it doesn't have the primary cat (likely why they're so much cheaper than an OEM manifold).

I would have thought that it's probably free'er flowing than the standard manifold with the cat's innards removed as it's just straight through without the box section to mess up gas flow?

Last edited:
I purchased one yesterday, thought it worth the punt so I'll let you know when its fitted and mapped.

My manifold is cracked and the flexi has totally come away so it needs replacing. I'm sure with a good map it'll show good results. The manifold and map is cheaper than the OEM manifold from Renault so its a no brainer.

Last edited:
I've purchased one yesterday, thought it worth the punt so I'll let you know when its fitted and mapped.

Cool, it's just more to open the discussion on it given the very small number of options the Clio has manifold wise. As part of a full system, this and a cat back exhaust it could make it interesting :smile:

Cool, it's just more to open the discussion on it given the very small number of options the Clio has manifold wise. As part of a full system, this and a cat back exhaust it could make it interesting :smile:

Totally agree Tom, Can't wait to get it. I'll upload some pictures once it arrives. The real expense is getting it fitted.

I imagine its gonna be loud as I have no main cat and no centre silencer.

How big a job is changing a manifold?

From another thread...

its not an engine out job mate,you remove it from underneath so the subframe has to come off though,my manifold cracked a few weeks back so i had it removed and welded,i did the same as you and used a mirror and a torch to check,it didn't appear that bad and i thought it was just cracked on the 1st/passenger side cylinder,it turned out when the mechanic got it off it was cracked nearly all the way round on cylinder 1,half way round on cylinder 2 and a quarter of the way round on cylinder 3

just have a check of your engine mounts mate,cracking of the manifold is quite common but i feel my engine mounts were tired and contributed to the mani cracking so i uprated them all

Totally agree Tom, Can't wait to get it. I'll upload some pictures once it arrives. The real expense is getting it fitted.

I imagine its gonna be loud as I have no main cat and no centre silencer.

you might find it ends up to raspy angel and you want to put the centre silencer back in

you might find it ends up to raspy angel and you want to put the centre silencer back in

Its funny because when I first removed the centre silencer I thought it was too raspy then but after a week or so it settled down so I'd give it chance to sort itself out.

Yours sounded epic at How Fast, you had the y pipe on, did you have a centre silencer.

Its funny because when I first removed the centre silencer I thought it was too raspy then but after a week or so it settled down so I'd give it chance to sort itself out.

Yours sounded epic at How Fast, you had the y pipe on, did you have a centre silencer.

same mate,when i went from one decat to two it went raspy for a bit and i didn't like it apart from the pops and bangs,soon coked up as you say though,however its still a tad raspier than it was so i won't be removing my centre silencer,like it as it is

I thought danny at 519 had fitted one and said the quality was not that good?

theres a few guys posted on fb about fitting them - so far all fitted fine but what they are like over time????

I thought danny at 519 had fitted one and said the quality was not that good?

Iirc he never said he's fitted one just made the following comment when someone put a link up...

cheap and nasty. Save yourself the hastle and don't bother

As Foxspeed says some people who have fitted them are reporting that they are alright and to be fair they can't be any worse than the crap ones that Renault put on the car.

I'll reserve judgement until mine arrives, hoping it'll surprise me

Last edited: